X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran my 284 equipped TGP again

Here's a scan of my new best with my getrag 284 TGP...14.643 @ 96.89:

Here's the video:

I have a scan of my old auto best around here somewhere that I'd like to post for comparison. It's a 14.629 @ 95.17, but the interesting part is that my 1/8 time on my 5 speed 14.6 is 2/10th's slower than my auto 14.6 1/8 mile time. That and the fact that my trap went up by almost 2 mph. I couldn't believe I was trapping at amost 97 mph. If I can manage a 2.1 60' again I think I'll be able to run a 14.4 or 14.5.

Mods are getrag 284 with stock clutch, DSM BOV, Jeff M. cro$$over, modfied chip with around 11 psi(no boost ramp), usual K&N filter right on turbo, poly dogbones. Otherwise the car is stock down to the 128,000 cat. :P
    \'89 Ciera Int. Coupe
    \'89 TGP

I'm going to Island Drag this sunday. Providing the weather checks out
    Lorenzo
    '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
    '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

I should be there on Sunday again, but I'm torn between what I should run. I really wanted to run my '99 GTX at least once at the track before I start to mod it. At the same time, I want to run the TGP again to see if I can do any better.

What car are you racing at the track???
      \'89 Ciera Int. Coupe
      \'89 TGP

Comment

I'll be in the White car. I hope they have High octane unleaded fuel avalible. I'm going to try to get there early if not around noon. I'm coming From Carlisle.
        Lorenzo

Comment

They do have some kind of high octane Sunoco, but I think it might be leaded. I just run my car on Sunoco 94, and I don't ususally have any problems. Then again, I haven't scanned my car for knock for a while so who knows. My brother and I are going to try and be there at 10 when the gates open so we can get a couple runs in before it gets too crowded.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention that I'll be in the TGP.
          \'89 Ciera Int. Coupe
          \'89 TGP

Comment

Originally posted by gpse3400
            I'll be in the White car. I hope they have High octane unleaded fuel avalible. I'm going to try to get there early if not around noon. I'm coming From Carlisle.
            Why do you need high octain fuel?

Comment

The hell do you care. Mind your own damn buisness.
              Lorenzo

Comment

Just trying to help out cuz from the looks of it, your 3400 is nothing special. Maybe the 15+ grammar errors on your website when talking about the intense "buildup," which wasn't that intense, made your compression go sky high or made mad boost. But other than that, your car will run slower with it.

Chill out dude, just trying to help out and save you money...

Comment

Exactly...maybe Aaron was just trying to give you some tips on how you can go faster. The lowest octane you can get without detonation is going to be better. Higher octane gas burns slower (which is why it reduces detonation), so you want it to burn as quick as possible but not burn before the spark. So unless you have boost or super high compression, you mostlikely don't need race gas, and would go faster without it.

But, since you don't want to take anyone elses advice, do what you want, I won't stop you.

Shawn
                  90 Grand Prix STE 3.1 Intercooled Turbo-3100 Hybrid
                  K&N, Magnaflows, No Cat, Chip, FFP Pulley, H260 Cam, No EGR.
                  99 Grand Prix GT
                  K&N|No Cat/ubend/res|160 tstat|shift kit|UD ALT & WP Pulleys|XP Cam|Stage 2 I/C|Pacesetters|MPS|2.9"|Custom PCM
                  12.665 @ 110.44 w/2.018 60', STREET TIRES, PUMP GAS!

Comment

He's running close to 13:1 CR with a very aggressive cam...
                    -Brad-
                    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                    sigpic
                    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron
                      Just trying to help out cuz from the looks of it, your 3400 is nothing special. Maybe the 15+ grammar errors on your website when talking about the intense "buildup," which wasn't that intense, made your compression go sky high or made mad boost. But other than that, your car will run slower with it.

Chill out dude, just trying to help out and save you money...
                      Gramatical errors??? What the fuck are you an english professor? please... My engine nothing special? Like anything you have is really to die for. Wow you like so do not have a clue. Yeah the world definately needs another zit faced , narrow minded pita who thinks he knows it all. Trying to help save me money? You so need to go and wipe your ass with that. You are so fucking lame. Mind your own damn business!

Thanks Brad.. quite honestly I don't think it has enough cam...
                      Lorenzo

Comment

Originally posted by dbtk2
                        Exactly...maybe Aaron was just trying to give you some tips on how you can go faster. The lowest octane you can get without detonation is going to be better. Higher octane gas burns slower (which is why it reduces detonation), so you want it to burn as quick as possible but not burn before the spark. So unless you have boost or super high compression, you mostlikely don't need race gas, and would go faster without it.

But, since you don't want to take anyone elses advice, do what you want, I won't stop you.

Shawn
                        And just Who in the hell are you?
                        Lorenzo

Comment

If you don't know what he is running, you need to shut the hell up!

Comment

Originally posted by dykz34
                            If you don't know what he is running, you need to shut the hell up!
                            I didn't say I knew what he was running. I didn't know what he was running for compression or anything else. I said:

So unless you have boost or super high compression, you mostlikely don't need race gas, and would go faster without it
                            So I really don't see how I was owned. I basically was saying that I didn't see how his post was appropriate since he gave no information on his engine at all and seemed to me like he was being an ass. Yeah, everyone is an ass to Aaron, but it seemed a little uncalled for. I agreed with Aaron (for once) on the point he was trying to make, because for most people they only have like 11:1 AT MOST when they do a build up, and they don't need high octane. I have never seen his site before or any info on his engine so how was I supposed to know? For most people, that post would've given them information that could've helped them save money and go faster.

Since you do have high compression, then higher octane gas will help, but only to a certain extent. 13:1 compression shouldn't need that high of octane...maybe 100 octane, not more than that though.

And just Who in the hell are you?
                            A guy with a w-body faster than yours.

Shawn
                            90 Grand Prix STE 3.1 Intercooled Turbo-3100 Hybrid
                            K&N, Magnaflows, No Cat, Chip, FFP Pulley, H260 Cam, No EGR.
                            99 Grand Prix GT
                            K&N|No Cat/ubend/res|160 tstat|shift kit|UD ALT & WP Pulleys|XP Cam|Stage 2 I/C|Pacesetters|MPS|2.9"|Custom PCM
                            12.665 @ 110.44 w/2.018 60', STREET TIRES, PUMP GAS!

Comment

I dont think he cares if your car is faster, especially since he had and sold a TGP. He isn't running 13:1, and I would really like to know what he is actually running. I have a file from chris on a cd he gave me, and it shows 11.6:1 or something like that for the camaro pistons in a 3.1. So, where did 12.5:1 come from and what cc measurements are we using exactly?

Aaron is going to catch shit where others don't see it making any sense. Think about this though. He is on many message boards and has a high ratio of incorrect info to posts. He does help sometimes but the ratio hasn't really changed over the years, the post numbers have just increased.
                              Ben
                              60DegreeV6.com
                              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Working...
                              X