493 HP 516ft lbs of torque!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 493 HP 516ft lbs of torque!!

I went to the bank today.The only parking spot left open. Was the one next to the bank managers 2004 Mercedes S55 AMG. When inside I jokingly said "you aught to let me take your AMG for a spin sometime" Imagine my shock when he throws me this black key fob/ign key. The key is electroniclLy encoded to match car. http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/con...8074166584161/
    I'm a die hard Chevy fan. But DAM them Germans have it figure out. (for a price) Car is a 4 DOOR sedan sleeper big time. F'n quick and smooth. I haven't driven a stock C5 z06 vet that accelerated that hard.
    1997 Z34 Monte,: testing 4 exh cam\'s, RSM STB, K&N, Eagle077 245/40/ZR18 Nitto Extreme
    1972 3/4 ton 4X4 longbed, built 350, 400 auto, 6\" spring lift, 35\" AT/BFG\'s, dana 60 front axle, 14 bolt gm w/detroit locker 4.56 gears. My ricer smasher

RE: 493 HP 516ft lbs of torque!!

$115k better accelerate harder than a vette. cool story though. I can't believe he let you drive it, but it sounds like you two have a better relationship than most of us and our bank managers. but seriously for that kind of cash I'd get an srt-8 and supercharge it. gsmotorsports just got 500hp and 507tq at the rear wheels. but not to take from your story. very impressive the germans are
    I wish 10% of the people on the road knew how to drive

Comment

Especially considering the SRT-8 is basically a MB chassis all decked out in Mopar bodywork and sporting a Hemi.
      '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
      '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
      '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
      '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

Quote of the week:
      Originally posted by Aaron
      This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

Comment

ya it's pretty sweet for the price
        I wish 10% of the people on the road knew how to drive

Comment

actualy, most of the car is built and designed by chrysler, but it does have mercedes influance. it does use MB parts, for example, the tranny is a mercedes 722.6, and thats now used in all the 300s, magnums, chargers and even in the jeeps. also leave it to those idiots to make the tranny dipstick a shop tool, as they dont come with the car.

Comment

Hahaha, those kompressor V8s run pretty good, and at least in the G55 AMG, they sound SO GOOD. Just a growl, better than most V8s I've ever heard.

Think that's fast? I've been driving this around for the past month:

Comment

Nice!!! Is it yours?

Kyle
              1992 Lumina Z34
              5 Speed
              Autozone civic intake
              Ultra White lights
              FFP Dogbone mount
              125k miles
              2.5 inch Magnaflow catback from Magnaflow cat
              60degreeV6.com Custom Chip

Comment

In his wettest dream.
                '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
                '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
                '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
                '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

Quote of the week:
                Originally posted by Aaron
                This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

Comment

Is that the V12 bi-turbo? Deem biatches are bad @ss to.
                  The trans characteristics on the S55 here strange. When decelerating it felt as if the trans was acting as A brake. If you lightly touch the throttle it would go away and coast normal.
                  1997 Z34 Monte,: testing 4 exh cam\'s, RSM STB, K&N, Eagle077 245/40/ZR18 Nitto Extreme
                  1972 3/4 ton 4X4 longbed, built 350, 400 auto, 6\" spring lift, 35\" AT/BFG\'s, dana 60 front axle, 14 bolt gm w/detroit locker 4.56 gears. My ricer smasher

Comment

Working...
                  X