My First Track Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Track Experience

Last Friday, 8/26/05, i ran my 93 Lumina Z34 for the first time at the local strip. I wasnt expecting much b/c the car has 147 thousand miles on it. The only performance item on the car is the 2.5 inch magnaflow catback exhaust. My best time was a 16.438 @ 84.62. My first run was a 16.3 according to my friend but the tracks printer wasnt hooked up so i cant know for sure. I averaged around 16.4-16.5. I know these times suck but for my first time ever dragging the car i sure had alot of fun.

Kyle
    1992 Lumina Z34
    5 Speed
    Autozone civic intake
    Ultra White lights
    FFP Dogbone mount
    125k miles
    2.5 inch Magnaflow catback from Magnaflow cat
    60degreeV6.com Custom Chip

At least you stayed out of the "Really Slow Cars" level. That's where mine would have been on my first run.

I would suggest a timing change, +6 -6 works well on the LQ1. Chip wouldn't hurt either.

And...You smoked another Ricer!!
    If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
    sigpic

Comment

I actually beat 2 96 civic 5speeeds that night and a 93 BMW 3 series. All by at least 1.5 seconds. I only lost twice. Once to an SRT-4 Neon. And a 13 second Camaro. How much do you think that a shop would charge to change the timeing? I have been thinking of getting ben's chip but i kinda need a job first.

Kyle
      1992 Lumina Z34
      5 Speed
      Autozone civic intake
      Ultra White lights
      FFP Dogbone mount
      125k miles

Comment

lol. my 3100 is faster lol
        Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
        02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
        www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Hmm, if you want to be a dick about it... this is what you stated in the buy/sell section. "Used for 1 year. I'm selling it cause i'm going to obd 1.0. I noticed a 2 tenths difference 1/4. from a 16.4 to a 16.2 with this chip." Sure is funny that that fugly grandprix that you seem to worship only runs 16.2 with mods? And on your cardomain page you said that the chip did absolutly nothing. Could we have someone caught in a lie? And BTW your car has something around 60k miles doesnt it? Mine has 147 thousand miles on it. Dont go bashing someone elses car when you sure as hell dont have anything to brag about. And why in the hell would you want to come and bash someones, who you dont even know, car?

Kyle
          1992 Lumina Z34
          5 Speed
          Autozone civic intake
          Ultra White lights
          FFP Dogbone mount
          125k miles

Comment

chill kyle. I haven't updated my car domain thing since 04. I had no chance to test the chip out. :P
            Its ok that ur car is slow. Don't need to get pissed about it.
            02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
            www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Dont come on here and be a dick. Then i will chill. And how in the hell do you come off saying that my car is slow when your modded gr prix only runs 2 tenths faster? And by the way, i took the car to the local muffler shop and the guy told me the cat was clogged. So i will go back to the track with the new cat and then tell you what it runs.

Kyle
              1992 Lumina Z34
              5 Speed
              Autozone civic intake
              Ultra White lights
              FFP Dogbone mount
              125k miles

Comment

Ok. Have fun.

U call a few bolt ons modded? Why the heck not! But I might have 10 extra wheel hp because of my many bolt ons lol. 10 whp modded, If i'm lucky. Don't worry, i think ur cool.

I think the muffler guy is trying to get ur $$. Just remember one thing, when u get 100 posts here, u have to grow up ))))))
                02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

16.4 is 3100 range, so wtf. I don't see anyone bashing your car. Its just sad to see it running so slow. 16 flat was the slowest I knew of for a stock DOHC. Id guess a complete tune up and making sure your timing is dead on would get you in the 15s somewhere. That is, unless your trans is going south.

At least you have a baseline now for whatever changes you make on the car.
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by sappyse107
                    At least you have a baseline now for whatever changes you make on the car.
                    Ditto. I see no argument here. Ya gotta start somewhere,..And this is the right place.

Cardomain is a nice place, but not much sharing goes on.

BTW, get a Hi-Flo cat. Whether your old one is bad or not, one of the best mods you can do. Stock cat sux. (See? Sharing.)
                    If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
                    sigpic

Comment

Re: My First Track Experience

Originally posted by Kyles93Z34
                      I know these times suck but for my first time ever dragging the car i sure had alot of fun.

Kyle
                      And That! Is what it is all about!
                      sigpic

Comment

Just got the oil changed and the tranny flushed. The guy said that the fluid was pitch black. Thats not to good. I will try and run it this Friday then i'll tell yall what i ran. How much should a timing change cost? Thx.

Kyle
                        1992 Lumina Z34
                        5 Speed
                        Autozone civic intake
                        Ultra White lights
                        FFP Dogbone mount
                        125k miles

Comment

Waiting to here about it. Good luck. Timing should be done by a 660 owner that has done it. I don't trust "mechanics" to do it, from the stories I've heard here.

Any one want to count them? This needs to start a new thread on Certified Mechanics. And a post on GMs way of timing the LQ1.
                          sigpic

Comment

Is it that hard to time? I wonder if my track times will improve any with the tranny fluid change? Thanks for the help Mr. Dennis.

Kyle
                            1992 Lumina Z34
                            5 Speed
                            Autozone civic intake
                            Ultra White lights
                            FFP Dogbone mount
                            125k miles

Comment

ur times won't improve. but your tranny sure will last longer.
                              02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
                              www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Working...
                              X