No announcement yet.

My First Track Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would call around and get a real answer.....a couple more times to the track and you will get faster
    1995 Monte Carlo Z34

Comment

Also, heres a tip I've found that works for me. Brake torque it up some. You mentioned you can't too high, as your brakes suck. Thats fine. Any will help. Once you see the third yellow light, hit the gas. You should have one helluva reaction time. I always have a damn nice reaction time.

Also, to help improve those 60' times, you really need to brake torque it. I can pull a consistant 2.15-2.2 all day long. And that is with full driving PSI in the tires too. I've not yet let any air out of my tires at the track, mainly because there isn't an air filling station within a 25 mile radius of the track.

Otherwise, you are on the right track. The more you go to the track and run your car, the better your times will get, and you will learn how to drive it at the track for the best times. Starting off with a baseline shows you how much you improved, and how much the mods did for your car.
      1992 Miata B Package
      1995 Regal 3100
      1996 Firebird LT1 T56

Comment

Alright, thanks. I plan on going sometime later this month or november when it gets cooler.

Kyle
        1992 Lumina Z34
        5 Speed
        Autozone civic intake
        Ultra White lights
        FFP Dogbone mount
        125k miles
        2.5 inch Magnaflow catback from Magnaflow cat
        60degreeV6.com Custom Chip

Comment

Originally posted by Rosez34
          I would call around and get a real answer.....a couple more times to the track and you will get faster
          I think Ben had a real answer. What do you charge again?...He knows more about timing an LQ1 than any GM tech. (It's his life) Ask a GM tech about +6-6,...He will say, "Huh?"

Matter of fact, I think he knows more about timing the LQ1 than anyone. Any arguments here?

(There are your flowers!) Don't expect more.... :P
          If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
          sigpic

Comment

To add to the list, my TDC when I had it did a 16.4 at like 84 mph. Granted it was a hot day but I'm sure it was giving me all it could that day. That was with a chip and a k and N drop in.
            Lorenzo
            '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
            '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Comment

I went to the track in early october, the temp was about 50 or so, and the car ran a 15.7. No changes since the last run of 16.2. Just colder weather. And i brake torqued it. The slips show no difference in time difference between torqing it and not. I should be getting an FFP Dogbone mount for C-mas and if i get enough money i will try and buy a chip. With that i would like to run consistently in the 15s, hot or cold.

Kyle
              1992 Lumina Z34
              5 Speed
              Autozone civic intake
              Ultra White lights
              FFP Dogbone mount
              125k miles
              2.5 inch Magnaflow catback from Magnaflow cat
              60degreeV6.com Custom Chip

Comment

nice run, i dont know if anyone else thinks of this but its bs that winter hives you the ultimate coldair intake but you cant use the power anyway because the roads are nasty. anyway keep us updated on how it does with the mount and chip.
                92 Lumina euro 3.4 DOHC 139,XXX miles

Comment

Working...
                X