I got beat by a lincoln!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got beat by a lincoln!!!

I raced a Lincoln tonight. I am not sure exactly what model but it was a 94 with a 4.6DOHC V8. From a stop to around 70 he had me by a carlength and a 1/2. I have been told that one of my valves is acting funny. Would that cause a loss in performance? I kept up with him untill around 45 then he started to pull away. I really need to get a job so i can purchase bens chip and get some more power out of this motor so i can beat this guy. This is the first street race i have ever lost. And BTW, it was on a very old and hardly used road with lookouts at both ends.

Kyle
    1992 Lumina Z34
    5 Speed
    Autozone civic intake
    Ultra White lights
    FFP Dogbone mount
    125k miles
    2.5 inch Magnaflow catback from Magnaflow cat
    60degreeV6.com Custom Chip

Aren't lincolns pretty heavy? I assume the DOHC V8 makes decent power though.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII. 4.6 DOHC, 280 HP, 1/4 mile in 14.7. Curb weight, 3768. You didn't do too bad. Same engine installed in the SVT Cobra, only supercharged.
      If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
      sigpic

Comment

The 4.6 was actually made for the lincoln, not the mustang. And there are TONS of aftermarket parts for these things.

Comment

Working...
        X