Island Dragway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Island Dragway

Finally in the club! 4 runs. Best run 14.9@95. 0-60' 2.2, 1/8 74.3@9.6. Will foward time slip soon. Yeah 95 MPH Yeah still got a load of wheel spin on launch....Need Drag Radials...

I got a few more tricks up my sleeve
    Lorenzo
    '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
    '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

Good job mang!

Comment

Ahite then. Season has started. The Old Man Cometh. 15.01 in a Cutty. @ 91.99. Done on Saturday. BTW, Awesome run. I missed by a hundreth...
      If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
      sigpic

Comment

i was hoping to have numbers next weekend, but my track cancled the first street legals. the weather has been so bad they havent finnished repavingyet. gonna have a nice fresh concrete pad right out to 1/8 mile.

nice numbers.

Comment

Supposed to snow here Tuesday, ah, it's all good. I need slicks, any donators?

What's up with Streetfire? I upload a vid and can't see it. They say they are "Optimizing". wtf?

And whoever said the LQ1 with open exhaust sounds like "ASS" ..... is just plain wrong...

I think it was Aaron.
          If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
          sigpic

Comment

....Thanks alot! I having was a good start to the week till you brought up that asshole!
            Lorenzo

Comment

My bad. I appologize.

He makes me laugh..
              sigpic

Comment

Nice job. Looks like your 3400 is breathing pretty good up top with a 95mph trap and 20.7mph gain in the backhalf of the track. I need to get back to the track soon...
                Matt F.

TGP 1/4 mile times
                http://photobucket.com/albums/y33/mfewtrail/
                1990 TGP Coupe VIN Database

Comment

I need to get out there soon now that OBD II is working. Have you had any head work done yet or are those still the stock heads?
                  I may own a GTO now, but I'm still a 60V6er at heart.

Comment

Thanks guys Yeah these are stock heads. I'm thinking of doing somthing to them, not quite sure. Full roller rockers? steel or aluminum? porting? valves? Unfortunately for now it's either one or the other. One thing is certain, I have a traction problem and Drag radials are definately needed...The tires are lighting up through the better part of 1st gear....What a Whale!!
                    Lorenzo

Comment

Sweet! those are some good #'s what all is done to your 3400 besides the higer comp, and the 3500 plenum and 7?+ mmTB?

do the head work you will see the best gains with doing the heads!
                      1999 Olds Alero 2.4 to 3500 swap (running). totaled by a honda
                      1992 lumina 4 door 3500 3spd auto 15.020 @93.5 mph
                      1984 Cavalier type 10 hatch 3100 5spd!!!
                      14.96@91.47 in the 1/4
                      9.63@74.36 in the 1/8th
                      14.30 on slicks! scrapped due to rust!

Comment

Crane Cam regrind. IN.524, EX.539, duration@.05 I230, E236. The lift is touch too high for un modified heads. The cam wasnt even the one I wanted. My mind was else where when I ordered it but still I decided to roll with it. Also using LS6 springs. All in all other than obtaining the engine, doing the things that I've done, I didn't spend alot at all. Its moslty a jumble of stock parts. 3 one off pieces that include the egr adaptor, TB adaptor and the reground Cam. And amazing enough it runs happy everyday. But a taller cam and I know i'll defintely need an auxillary vaccum tank. My cylinder heads were remanufactured....Not sure if they are 3400 heads or regular roller rocker 3100 heads. I'm sure they are 3100 heads. Yeah the TB is 70mm. Gives me that CRACK THAT WHIP response that I love.Then again it could be the manifold.. hell the other day I saw a G6 GT at the gas station and I think he gave it just a touch too much gas. Lit up that inside tire and scared himself a bit. Anyways I just got a new Cone filter in the mail... its like made of this mettallic micromesh, stainless steel, no oiling required....Normally the filter material is cotton...Anyone have experiance with these? Got some Pics for yah. Shots of the Whale on the heading west on the LIE I-495.

Lorenzo

Comment

Hell of an RT! And I haven't been on the LIE in 20 years. Traffic lighten up? :P
                          sigpic

Comment

LOL The more they make it bigger the more people use it! Lunch time its a breeze, 3:00 in the afternoon you wanna drive over everyone. Yeah that was my friend driving, he seemed to do well that time. I got videos, gotta up loady them. But when I sling the car down the track myself I usually react well. Once I got a perfect RT of 0.
                            Lorenzo

Comment

Ok got two videos. One of the car getting the 14.9, and showing well against a Big Blue LT+ on take off. The next one was of a pretty bright red IROC tearing up I-80 West in New Jersey.

Lorenzo

Comment

Working...
                              X