Ran a 15.4 in a 95 Grand Prix 3100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ran a 15.4 in a 95 Grand Prix 3100

I hit the nitrous on first gear around 3200 rpms and my trans got stuck on the 1-2 shift which scared the shit out of me cause i was probably running lean for that split second. So that probably took maybe a tenth off. Who really knows. I held the nitrous for the entire 1/4

Mods:
    No port work/no computer
    62mm t-body
    short ram intake
    FFP UD pulley
    FFP Dog bones
    2.5 catback
    plugs/wires
    92oct w/oct booster
    55hp shot nitrous

My best time without nitrous is a 16.2 @ 85mph last year.
    Corey's 95 GP - Engine/Trans installed
    02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
    www.blackbombshell95.com

Wow you ran without a computer? Did you use a carb? j/kl
    You weigh more than me, as only with a dynomax ultra flo and stereo I did a 16.0 way back in the day. I want to do full exhaust someday, and really want headers, but other than that my 3100 is going to stay until it blows up. I am putting on ported 3400/3500 intakes though, so hopefully I'll get a decent boost from that "bolt on". Curious as to what I'd run after that hmm. I might get a UDP whenever budget allows. Too bad the closest track is bulldozed and apartments there now.

Any idea what your weight is? How many miles you got?
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

My hood ways a ton with that scoop molded in. Probably 3600 plus me which I am 225 lbs at 6'4.
      And it has 91k on the clock. I've been using mobil 1 full synthetic since i got the car at 62k miles.

Also it is hard to get good times at that track. I always run 2 tenths of a second faster when I race at bremerton raceways. That 15.4 run was at Pacific Raceways. The main difference is that the gates open at bremerton at 8:00 a.m. when it is nice and cold. And Pacific raceways opens at 4:00 p.m. Plus it was a 75 degree day when I got the 15.4 run.
      02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
      www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

nice run, i used to have a similar setup as you when i had my 3100. i ran a 14.45 with a 75 shot and almost the same everything else. Now with the 3400 it runs consistent 14.10's. I think when you get those headers installed you should see even more with the nitrous
        94 Grand Prix
        3400- NX 75 shot, Cammotion cam, S&S headers, and a few more toys

Comment

How is it possible u ran a 14.45 with a 75 shot? Did you run it all the way through first gear starting at 3k rpms until the 1/4 was finished?
          02 GTP - 90* > Failboat
          www.blackbombshell95.com

Comment

Working...
          X