1991 GTP 5 Speed Turbo DONE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1991 GTP 5 Speed Turbo DONE!!

OK finally, it was a nightmare lol but well worth it, my GTP Turbo is done! here is some pics!

Jake
    Attached Files
    GM Goodwrench Tech - GM Certified

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.4L DOHC , 5 Speed Manual Transmission , Turbonetics 62mm turbo, Turbonectics Evolution Wastegate , Turbonetics Raptor BOV , Large Front Mount Intercooler , AEM Methanol Injection , Car is running at 11PSI currently with methanol injection.

Runs 13.4 In the 1/4 with a 3 second 60 foot

Looks fun. Run it against anything yet?
    Lifting my front wheels, one jack at a time.

Comment

cool, so I will be seeing you this weekend then?
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Ill have to get back to you on that, work booked me to work this saturday, so as long as i have sunday free then i can make it.

Jake

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 3.4L DOHC , 5 Speed Manual Transmission , Turbonetics 62mm turbo, Turbonectics Evolution Wastegate , Turbonetics Raptor BOV , Large Front Mount Intercooler , AEM Methanol Injection , Car is running at 11PSI currently with methanol injection.

Comment

You better wrap that coolant hose or the turbine housing will cook it. I would put some kind of shield around the turbine housing also. Looks good and bet it sounds good to.

Comment

Hell yeah! looks good. Its good to see another DOHC turbo out there. what are you doing for fuel/tuning? what turbo are you running? I would highly advise you to use some serious heat wrap on the fuel lines and new the wiring. i used some heat sleaves over my fuel lines and you already have the piping wrapped. I got a turbo jacket for the exhaust housing for mine for i think Titan motorsports (Toyota Supra specialy shop) and it helped a TON. Looks good tho.

S
            Last edited by RedZMonte; 08-12-2008, 05:57 PM.
            Shane "RedZMonte"
            2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
            1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
            -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
            2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
            1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
            1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
            1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
            1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

Well here is a list of specs on the car , instead of typing it all out ill just copy and paste it lol.

1991 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
              5 Speed Manual Transmission
              3.4L DOHC V-6 4 Cam Engine
              Heavy ported upper intake plenum
              Heavy ported lower intake
              Heavy ported heads
              Heads Machined .010"
              Intake cams advanced 6 degrees
              Exhaust cams retarded 6 degrees
              Underdrive pulley
              Billet aluminum engine strut with poly bushings
              Magnaflow high flow catalytic converter
              Flowmaster 40's series original flow mufflers
              Spec Stage 3+ race clutch
              Turbonetics 62-1 - 62mm turbo, stage 5, vband, .58 a/r
              Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate
              Turbonetics Raptor Blow off valve
              X02 Racing Intercooler
              Polished Aluminum pipe kit for intercooler piping
              Ford Racing 42.5 Lb/Hr injectors
              GM 2 Bar Map sensor
              Battery relocation to the trunk
              Autometer Phantom Boost gauge
              AEM Wideband 02 sensor
              Custom computer tuning
              17 x 9 Saleen mustang rims
              P255/40Z R17 BFGoodrich GeForce KDW tires

So basically the turbo is a Turbonetics 62-1 stage 5 turbo ,62mm, .58a/r , v-band (this thing spools fast!)

as for computer tuning im messing with the TGP code to get it running right, having the autoprom emulator makes this alot easier.

and for fuel im running 42.5 Lb/Hr Ford racing injectors

i did wrap up the fuel lines with heat wrap and i bent them up outta the way so there not so close to the downpipe , and i also wrapped the end of the master cylinder for the brakes because it was close to the downpipe at the end.

im definatly going to look into that exhust housing wrap though, it looks like it would really lower under hood temps.

as for speed, lets just say, it hauls ass. right now its only boosting to 7 psi, when im all done tuning ill turn it to 9psi.

but last night me and my neighbour were emulating going down the road and we did a 0-60 test, and with a crappy launch and it running at 10.5:1 a/f under boost we pulled a 0-60 off in 5.5 seconds so when it bring the a/f ratio to about 11.5:1 and raise the boost , this thing should really haul.

Jake

Comment

Thats a turbo done right!

Very nice work, thats actualy the first boosted dohc ive seen.

Looking forward to a timeslip after a good tune.
                95 Beretta- Lg8 Daily Driver
                94 Beretta z26- First ever 5-speed 3500 L body- In the works.

Comment

Amazing! Did you do this on the striped one?

-GREEN 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix SE - L82/5spd MTX +
                  -White 1995 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP - 97 207DOHC/6SPD MTX +

Comment

Yep its the white one with black stripes, the exact one in the pic.

Jake

Comment

sweet, that thing is sweet! Wana make me a turbo crossover? lol

Comment

Haha, lol the the turbo crossover pipe was the easiest thing to make.

Jake

Comment

How much would you want? I wouldnt need it until next year but I def do need one.. And you need to get some more pics of that thing!

Comment

more pics of what, i have lots of pics of the pipes

Jake

Comment

Of everything. I want to see more of the car, turbo, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X