Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fageol Supercharger Build

Hello,

I just wanted to share my build with some true enthusiasts.

this is my truck,

My father and I rebuilt the engine 2 years ago.

It's the original 2.8 block, bored/stroked to 3.2
    heads are off a 2.8fi Camaro
    3/4 cam lifter kit
    Edelbrock intake w/ 4barrel adapter, 600cfm holley
    Index ground 3.1 Crank
    Line bored crank internals
    Blue printed
    bored/honed to 40 thou over
    9.5 compression
    hedman headers
    2.25" true dual exhaust

I drove it like this for a year and it was definitely a lot peppier then the tired old motor that I was used to.

I found a member on s10forum who had found a fageol blower and was fortunate enough to buy it from him.

it is designed to run the original rochester 2 barrel but we thought it would be fun to run the holley 4 barrel I currently have so my dad and I set about making up an adapter plate,

When I first purchased the supercharger the owner suggested swapping from the v-belt set up to a serpentine one. The kit was incomplete and was missing the crank pulley which was a very key part of the v belt set up. So we opted to do the serpentine swap knowing I could get a serp pulley for the supercharger easily. This turned out to be a lot more work then I had anticipated. I ended up having to change the water pump, timing cover and oil pan.

started to tear it down,

trying to decide on serp routing,

motor pulled to change the oil pan, dad in the background

turned out vortech makes a direct bolt on serp pulley,

some mock up,

had to make up an idler pulley bracket so the belt would have more wrap on the supercharger,

as a side project I picked up a hurst quick shifter. If anyone has ever driven an s10 with the t5 you know how long the shifts are with the stock stick.

turned out though the only gain that could be had with the hurst shifter was putting on a shorter shifter arm,

The pins were identical in length so there was no real gain in it's original form.

so we made up a custom base and moved the pin/shaft down further to actually give a quicker throw,

the last thing we did was slot the shaft so it doesn't feel all lose and cheap when bolt to the shifter stick,

it's in a nice comfortable position still but it 50% shorter then oe

had the new pieces anodized,

spent a good while messing around and not really moving forward to much, Finally we started to get everything bolted down and back together,

oil lines ran,

my dad made up some caste nuts so we could safety wire the bolts inside the 4 barrel adapter,

back in,

02 sensor,

new alt,

figuring belt size,

finally after a couple of different belts we got it running,
    2.8 bored/stroked, supercharged, headers, true dual, x-pipe, spin tech 9k mufflers.

It was late in the year and the snow was only a couple weeks away. So I just enjoyed it. Right now it's running just over 4lbs. We are going to make a slightly smaller pulley to get it to around 6/7. Anymore then that and I'll really be pushing my luck with the compression as high as it is on stock internals.

First off, welcome to the site. Glad you found your way over here.

Secondly, that is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us. Having the ability to make parts sure makes things like this easier.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Wow. I didnt think anyone would build one of these again.

Im so happy at seeing this, and the suuuper clean s10 that it went into

Any plans for dyno runs?
      Originally posted by Mars
      Haha ^ Wrong Wheel Drive.
      S10 Blazer 4.3, turbo LX9 in its future...
      No 60ºV6 at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by bszopi View Post
        First off, welcome to the site. Glad you found your way over here.

Secondly, that is awesome! Thanks for sharing it with us. Having the ability to make parts sure makes things like this easier.
        Thanks for the welcome and compliment. Yes having my father be a machinist for 30+ years is definitely a nice thing.

Originally posted by 2.8-350TBI View Post
        Wow. I didnt think anyone would build one of these again.

Im so happy at seeing this, and the suuuper clean s10 that it went into

Any plans for dyno runs?
        I was really lucky to find a brand new, never used fageol supercharger. No plans for dyno runs at the moment. I do plan on hitting the local 1/4 strip this spring though. I imagine it is running somewhere in the mid to high 200's at the crank right now. With a bit more boost I would think around 300. These are rough estimates however.
        Last edited by GM Ontairo; 01-19-2011, 03:06 PM.

Comment

awesome build
          truck looks good too. nice and clean
          sigpic
          99 Grand Am GT
          3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
          Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
          1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
          515 515 lift 112 lsa
          15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Beautiful truck i love the old S1O.It's so hard to find a nice one job well done.

Comment

First off, welcome to the forum. Secondly, wow; that's a great build. I've read about the Fageol Supercharger & I've contemplated a purchase on my 86 T10 Blazer, but yet IDK. Ya did a great job!! Congrats on the setup it looks awesome!! I may take some pointers from here if I ever decide to build mine up. Did you just get a 3.1 crank from a camaro/firebird engine?? It all looks brand spankin' new!!. Late.
              I need a bigger engine!

Comment

That S10 is beautiful. the custom 4B intake is awesome very nice. all around, thats just plain nice, kinda speachless.
                Props to you and alot to your dad for showing you so much and being involved with the build

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Clean ass S10! Sweet to see someone spend that much time building one off parts Looks good!

S
                  Shane "RedZMonte"
                  2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
                  1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
                  -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
                  2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
                  1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
                  1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
                  1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
                  1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

Awesome build, I wish I had a machinist in the family.
                    sigpic
                    ----------
                    BUILT Turbo 3400/4t65e-HD powered Grand AM in the making.

Comment

nice!

In for burnout/track/dyno vids
                      Past Builds;
                      1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
                      1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
                      Current Project;
                      1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

That is too sweet, can't wait to see more.
                        87 3.4 4x4 blazer
                        3 inch body lift, t-bar/shackle lift, 31x10.5s

Comment

Wow. That's awesome. It's a beautiful truck and some of the best custom machining I've seen in a while.

Tim
                          1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
                          325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

That machining is absolutely beautiful!!! A very nice clean install indeed!

S...........L...........E...........E...........P...........E...........R

Comment

wow fantasitc work! glad you didnt slap a tree fiddy in it.
                              [SIGPIC]
                              12.268@117... 11's to come!
                              turbo 3400: 358whp and 365tq at 9 psi
                              ASE Master Technician. GM Certified.
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ibU1k8UZoo
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUqJyopd720

Comment

Working...
                              X