No announcement yet.

Fageol Supercharger Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You and your dad certainly do some extremely nice and clean work. I hope you enter that truck in some contests/shows. It's too clean not to.
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by GM Ontairo View Post

If I do end up taking it back apart We'll likely put some different heads on it that aren't decked to lower the compression.
      As far as building a forged* motor I haven't really seen any parts or places that sell them. Is there anything you could suggest please feel free.
      With the skill you and your Dad have, I have no doubts you could forge the internals. And there are many here who would help with the details, I'm sure.

That is some beautiful work!!! A truck like that could even get a dirty hobo laid....lol

Comment

sweet!

Im wondering what may be common knowledge but what does the fageol supercharger output for cfm? Im workin on a setup similar but im using an eaton m62 and mpfi for my fuel delivery system, but that's awesome I wish I had some more tools in my little shop the curves u cut for your serp idler pulley look perfect how did u cut them?

Comment

Here is some info from the fageol site - http://members.cox.net/fageolsuperch.../pdf/ratio.pdf

I imagine the eaton would be pushing a good bit more air then the fageol.
          The pulley itself was actually part of the kit I bought and I imagine an original fageol piece. The pulley bracket is what my dad made.

I've been racing with it and really enjoying the set up and instant power. Here is a couple videos of that unmistakeable fageol whine.

fail on the start on this one,

Comment

From what I've read the eaton and the fagoel are pushing 62 cfm per revolution so there like the same the only difference I see is the fageol is a draw through and is limited to 12500 Rpms while the eaton is about 15000 but I've seen people push them to 22000 but serious cooling afterward... I really like the old school carb. Look way more though looks like fun I can't wait till I get mine runnin but ill stop jackin ur thread... thanks for the info

Comment

I want that old flat dash in my truck! Sweet blower too!
              1993 EXT. CAB, 3.4L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. Sonoma
              1990 4Door, 3.2L V6 TBI, 5spd manual. 4X4. Trooper
              Because... I am, CANADIAN

Comment

Thanks for sharing I enjoyed seeing this. Brings back memories.
                1992 Chevrolet S10
                2.8 v6 tbi 5 speed

Comment

Wow, you and your dad did an amazing job fabricating the parts to make this system a reality. So many details in the build.

Love the old-school S-10 - expecially the flat brushed-aluminum dash. Thanks for sharing this, really enjoyed reading it.

David
                  David Allen - Northport, AL
                  1986 Century T-Type, Iron Head 3.1 MPFI Turbo-Intercooled
                  1988 Olds Ciara XC, GenII 2.8 MPFI Turbo-Intercooled
                  1972 Chevy Nova, 305 Small Block V8 EFI
                  1984 Century Olympia, 3.8SFI Turbo, over 400 HP
                  http://home.hiwaay.net/~davida1
                  http://www.cardomain.com/id/turbokinetic

Comment

Hi
                    tried to send you a PM but im not sure if i was successful so im posting here. If i was not successful please send me an email to my username followed by @hotmail.com and i'll send it again now via email. Thank you

Comment

Enjoyed this thread thoroughly. My Dad's a tool and die maker and had made me a lot of custom parts as well. These guys are really talented.

Just thought I'd mention that I have one of these Max 30 blowers too, but never used it. It's brand new, I paid $900 for it way back when. I'll let it go for just $300 plus shipping now. I hope someone here can use it.

Comment

Originally posted by blownb310 View Post
                        Just thought I'd mention that I have one of these Max 30 blowers too, but never used it. It's brand new, I paid $900 for it way back when. I'll let it go for just $300 plus shipping now. I hope someone here can use it.
                        I cross-posted this over at Thirdgen.org for you as well, some of the 2.8L V6 Camaro/Firebird folks may be interested.

Oh and GM Ontario - very nice job with this! Very impressive work by both you and your dad!
                        1982 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta
                        Upgrades include: 3.4L V6 (headers, 1.6 rockers, hot cam), T-5 Manual Transmission, 1986 Z-28 Anti-Sway Bars, 1987 IROC-Z Wonder Bar.

Comment

Originally posted by OdieTurbo View Post
                          I cross-posted this over at Thirdgen.org for you as well, some of the 2.8L V6 Camaro/Firebird folks may be interested.
                          Thank you OdieTurbo, I sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by blownb310 View Post
                            Thank you OdieTurbo, I sold it.
                            No problem! I had been looking for one for a few years, but since I got rid of my 2.8 project and moved up to a 3.4 with MPFI, I no longer need it. I hope somebody gets some use out of it!
                            1982 Chevrolet Camaro Berlinetta
                            Upgrades include: 3.4L V6 (headers, 1.6 rockers, hot cam), T-5 Manual Transmission, 1986 Z-28 Anti-Sway Bars, 1987 IROC-Z Wonder Bar.

Comment

Working...
                            X