No announcement yet.

Best 3400 UIM for boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More evenly, and just as well as the lx9?

S...........L...........E...........E...........P...........E...........R

Comment

Originally posted by kwhauck View Post
      What about the 3400 LNJ UIM?
      Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
      With the TB on top? It flows more evenly than the LX9 upper.
      Pics anyone? this would be best for boost cause you get even boost to each cylinder unlike the standard configuration tipically 1 or 2 cyls get more boost causing lean conditions on thoes cyls. (tune slightly fat for that reason)

S
      Shane "RedZMonte"
      2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
      1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
      -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
      2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
      1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
      1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
      1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
      1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

here is a picture with it backwards sitting on a GA, I just got mine in the mail day before yesterday, but have neglected to take any pics yet......

Comment

I really don't remember right now. I have the manifold here but the new bench is not up and running or I could do a quick comparison.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

You have an LNJ manifold right there with you? Any idea when the bench will be up and running?

Comment

yes I do, and no idea. Its not priority as I have to catch up multiple head/manifold orders and john has headers and cars to work on. We need to do some flow testing but until we are caught up, its not going to happen.
              Ben
              60DegreeV6.com
              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Whoa, I want one of them for my camaro. Pretty sure the 5" cowl hood would clear it....
                11.92 @ 122 MPH 3400 91 Cavalier Z24 Intercooled S/C. -totalled-
                10.56 @ 130 MPH 3900 LZ9 87 IROC Z28 Intercooled GT4088 Turbo

Comment

and if you could clarify which uim is best under boost that would be awesome . Sold my ported 3500 for a ported 3400 so hoping it's the 3400... lol
                  You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
                  ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
                  95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

Comment

0 testing done = no answers.
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

FWIW I ran both a 3500 upper and a 3400 upper at the strip one year NA on my hybrid with the nitrous cam, back in 08 IIRC... and I did not see a time difference worth noting... but then again that is not a solve all test since the differences may not be that drastic.

You'll have to wait for a solid answer from Ben when he has them all benched.

Got Lope?
                      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
                      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
                      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
                      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
                        0 testing done = no answers.
                        I realize that... I can wait . Even if it's awhile.
                        You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
                        ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
                        95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

Comment

I am curious to know too. I am boosting also and would like the piece of mind knowing I wouldn't have to go lean on those cylinders I would rather buy another GT hood and design a scoop than screwing with injector skew settings to compensate for the flow differences Just my .02

Comment

bump.....anything yet ben?

Comment

No, this hasn't been a good year for R&D.
                              Ben
                              60DegreeV6.com
                              WOT-Tech.com

Comment

No problem, I'll probably just shave the power steering pump reservoir to fit and install it anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X