grand am 3.4 ebay turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grand am 3.4 ebay turbo?

i've been snooping around on ebay and i have a itch for some boost. i found this, yes i know its cheap, you get what you pay for but, i have read through a ton of post on here and it seems that ebay turbos are just a hit or miss. some people will use them and some people wont even touch them with a ten foot stick. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

but this is the thing, am gonna keep my motor stock, i only wanna run about 6 psi. am thinking i could problay go to about 8psi on a stock motor with a good tune. i just recently got a tuner so i should be able to learn to tune it good. i have a 2001 grand am with the 3.4. do you guys think this motor could take 6-8psi as a daily driver with everything stock. i think it could. i will use the stock log manifolds with the stock crossover to. will need to come up with something for the downpipe tho.

Nobody has anything to comment on, I thought somebody would have done this

Comment

I would expect that price to not include a turbo. So just the fact that it's $400 with the turbo included? I don't know man. I would see if you could buy the setup without the turbo and then but a separate turbo.

1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix 3500 swap GT3076R turbo 40lb/hr injectors FMIC LX9 coils Megasquirt2 v3.0

Comment

Yea its pretty cheap, who is boosting a stock 3.4. Anybody have any idea how high you can boost a stock 3.4. Do you think 6-8psI is a reasonable amount. Has it been done?

Comment

6-8 psi is reasonable. While that kit may be $400, the fabrication to make it work will take days and easily double if not triple that price. There are also likely to be a lot of smaller, but critically necessary parts not included. I've put together a few kits from scratch and it's a significant undertaking. That kit is a great way to get a lot of parts for a little price, but they may or may not be the parts you need and their quality is questionable. If I had a welder and a beater, I would be tempted to give it a shot.

Tim
          1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
          325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

How much are decent turbos, I don't really know where to look for those, I will be doing the welding and all that so their wont be much of a cost their. Is it true you can put garret parts inside the ebay turbos?

Comment

Not sure on the Garret guts in the ebay turbos, but a good turbo can run $1k+ easy.
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
              Originally posted by Jay Leno
              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

would a t04e be a decent size to run on the stock motor? what specs should i be looking for that would suit my motor well.

Comment

Planning on keeping it stock? Then probably you would be looking at a .60 trim compressor. Assuming that you want this for the street, you should avoid going too large on the compressor so the turbo can spool at a reasonable rpm - I'll throw out .86 as a starting point for the turbine A/R ratio.

Comment

FWIW, some chinese ebay turbos CAN have true garrett parts put in them, exactly the plan i was taking when i had moneys... i think i still have the links saved for the compressor wheel and turbine wheel/shaft, all the measurements checked out perfectly.

i got ahold of a T04E-46 for a small port 3100, should be a pretty close start to what you should be looking for.
                    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                    Latest nAst1 files here!
                    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

apperantly borgwarner has a well designed turbo... www.borgwarnerboosted.com

Its runs!!!>>>Aint No 60* Sound Like Mehttp://youtu.be/YKEmNwa141U

Comment

Now no body start bidding on this but what do you guys think of this

Comment

They claim that it's a genuine garrett but I don't think it is.

FWIW, I just bought one of these for my 3500: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GODSP...item25615e9d29

It bolts on to a stock turbo grand prix setup and it has an internal wastegate.

1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix 3500 swap GT3076R turbo 40lb/hr injectors FMIC LX9 coils Megasquirt2 v3.0

Comment

Why don't you think its a garret?

Comment

What makes god speed better then other ebay sellers. their turbo prices are pretty low. Just wondering how they hold up. I want a turbo that will last more then a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X