No announcement yet.

Air Fuel Ratio and Timing for Boosted 3400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I am reading/learning, an EGT Gauge can help with boosted AFR's. I read the higher the EGT's under load equals more power. Especially a turbo as the heat is the primary force that drives the turbine.

So leaning the AFR under boost will increase EGT's. Likewise adding fuel will bring temps down. Unless your beyond stoich going lean, but if the engine is running leaner then stoich in boost......there is a bigger problem, lol.

AleroB888: An EGT will be a blessing if you want to lean out the AFR's. But it isn't an exact science, as I learned. Placement of the EGT Sensor will determine over all temps. This is why I mounted mine as close as possible to CYL6 (the assumed hottest cyl).

Now, I'm curious of the max safe EGT for our engines? Anyone know?

Originally posted by 1988GTU View Post
    Time to upgrade to a higher output injector set while taking care of any other fuel restrictions.
    I found upgrading to a larger diameter fuel line reduced restriction which in turn boosted the fuel rail pressure. That could be a cheaper solution versus new injectors above 36 lb/hr. Stock I was around 43 psi. With a -6AN Braided Stainless (3/8") my fuel rail pressure jumped to 60 psi. I also have a high flowing fuel pump, but not high pressure. Only need basic adapters at the rail and fuel filter.

Or get a WOT-TECH Adjustable FPR

Or get a boost referencing 6:1 FMU
    Last edited by TGP37; 10-21-2011, 09:38 AM.
    1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

Working...
    X