06 Monte Carlo Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06 Monte Carlo Turbo Build

Just wanted to show off my turbo build. Everything is stock, only running about 5 psi right now. I haven't done a tune yet so I only have started it let it idle. I currently have the UIM off and going to install a set of LS7 E85 injectors.

Last edited by bearbear3_4; 12-22-2011, 11:11 PM.

Nice! Ill be looking forward to seeing your final results.
    Don't think that I've seen you on this site before. I'm the resident "village drunkard", glad to meet you!
    Took a break from working on the car. Got some better tools, got a better shop, got a better job... Its time to burn metal!

Comment

Nice, is that a A-2-W IC?

Im the village Idiot.... and OG turbo W'body geeks. If you read my posts long enough, they won't make sense and they will be very poorly spelled. lol

S
      Shane "RedZMonte"
      2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
      1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
      -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
      2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
      1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
      1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
      1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
      1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by RedZMonte View Post
        Nice, is that a A-2-W IC?

Im the village Idiot.... and OG turbo W'body geeks. If you read my posts long enough, they won't make sense and they will be very poorly spelled. lol

S
        It is a air to water.

The injectors were to small so I'm going to see if there is enough room for spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by bearbear3_4 View Post
          It is a air to water.

The injectors were to small so I'm going to see if there is enough room for spacers.
          What are you doing for engine management as drive by wire is an entirely different ball game in terms of what the PCM is going to allow regarding commanded throttle input vs actual output. I haven't researched the new PCM editing software yet but I understand there are some limitations that might make tuning the PCM with a non boost code mask to accept boost pressure without countering it a problem, torque management being one of them.

There is an excess of redundant tables in OBD1 that complicates things because we don't know what, when and how all of the tables do what they do, idle control for example when it comes to tuning larger injectors, there must be 30 idle control tables in TGP 8F code and probably 3 times as much info in the code that manages your engine. I hope it works out though, it would be pretty impressive.

Comment

I'll be tuning it with a hptuner. I'll see how far I can with with stock parts if it doesn't go where I want it then I'll have to figure out upgrades.

Comment

the injectors should be the same as the SC grand prix's and what not... ZZPerformance and other 3800 sites sells injectors that should fit... IIRC you need the Injector clips/converters as well. they sell 80# ones if your going to do E-85.

S
              Shane "RedZMonte"
              2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
              1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
              -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
              2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
              1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
              1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
              1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
              1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by RedZMonte View Post
                the injectors should be the same as the SC grand prix's and what not... ZZPerformance and other 3800 sites sells injectors that should fit... IIRC you need the Injector clips/converters as well. they sell 80# ones if your going to do E-85.
                S
                Unless GM changed them and I don't believe they have, 3800 SC fuel injectors will not fit the 3500/3900 VVT motor. There's not enough room underneath the upper plenum and the only fuel rail that will work is the one designed for the VVT motor, the 3400 rail will not work, the larger intake runners required a change in the injector positions.

You also have to be careful to get the correct shorty fuel injector as one style like the 60 lb/hr I have are a little too short and required shortening of the fuel rail mount bosses to get them to seal.

Comment

best bet for you is to look into ls7 injectors, they are the newer smaller injector that would fit a 3900
                  [SIGPIC]
                  12.268@117... 11's to come!
                  turbo 3400: 358whp and 365tq at 9 psi
                  ASE Master Technician. GM Certified.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ibU1k8UZoo
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUqJyopd720

Comment

Here she is running on the stock injectors and no tune.

Comment

I think something bad happened in my pants lol

Comment

Just wanted to give an update. Still tuning, haven't upgraded the injectors or pump yet so it's still at 5PSI and it leans out at WOT. The trans is starting to slip as well so it's time to upgrade that.

Here a video of my trip to the track to do my WOT. My brother wanted to me to get a video of his truck backfiring when it shifts so I stayed back long enough to catch then caught up to him at the line. You can also hear the trans slip halfway through the run.

Comment

Regarding the lean fueling, you could get a rising rate FPR. As boost comes in the fuel pressure goes up, countering the leaning out.

Congrats on the turbo....lots of fun they are.
                          1996 Grand Prix | 3100v6 L82 | T04E-50 Turbo | Getrag 282 w/ EP LSD | SPEC-3 Clutch

Comment

awesome job, I am looking for something similar for my 3900

Comment

Originally posted by TGP37 View Post
                              Regarding the lean fueling, you could get a rising rate FPR. As boost comes in the fuel pressure goes up, countering the leaning out.

Congrats on the turbo....lots of fun they are.
                              The FPR is part of the pump and sender unit in the tank so I just ordered larger injectors and a new pump. That should take care of the fueling.

I was also able to raise the trans shift times and pressure so now it doesn't slip.

Comment

Working...
                              X