Another TGP setup thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another TGP setup thread...

So basically I've been searching for a while and the answer hasnt come up. If it's been said before maybe im just a bad searcher.
    WELL here it is, theres a complete turbo setup for sale from a 1990 TGP. now my question, would everything bolt onto a 95 prix with the 3100? some minor modifications would probably have to take place, but mostly, would it be bolt on?

yeah, it will all bolt up.... it's WAY undersized though. it's undersized for the 3.1 really, but the 3100 makes it even worse.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
      yeah, it will all bolt up.... it's WAY undersized though. it's undersized for the 3.1 really, but the 3100 makes it even worse.
      nice.
      now for the undersized part... can i run my stock primaries with the TGP crossover?
      and i plan on running a bigger turbo, but before i do any of that ill probably need bigger injectors. any thoughts? will injectors from a 3.8 s/c work?

Comment

You'll need to use the TGP exhaust manifolds if your using the TGP crossover. 2 bolt vs 3 for the 3100 flinge bolts. Also rear exhaust manifold is unique to the TGP. You also need to weld a braket to the trans mount to hold the crossover from flexing under all the turbo weight. Then there's the oil return you need to tap to the aluminum pan. TGP had a steel pan with a welded pipe.

280hp flywheel is the limit with the small t2 thise have. One of the replacement injectors for thise are the 19lb yellow top ford injectors. I was able to run 25lbs ford blue top injectors and a large turbo. Felt more like the x-over was a restriction to me. You have a 95 , I think thats a bastard OBD1.5. TGP is obd1. So I don't think you can use the chip from the TGP.
        Last edited by TurboGTU; 02-12-2013, 10:48 PM.
        88 Beretta GTU turbo . 90 Black ASC/McLaren TGP, awaiting 4t80. 2003 Grand AM se 3400/4t45 daily grind.

Comment

thanks for the info!
          yes the 95 is the bastard OBD1.5. obnoxious. i think im going OBD 2. that way i can swap to a 4t65e if and when my trans gives out. and then i can get somebody to do a custom tune.
          as far as the bigger turbo goes, ive been hearing a lot of hooplah that the way the crossover is setup i cant run a bigger turbo than a t2? how did you remedy that?

Comment

You can upgrade the stock t25 to a t28. You can also buy adapter flanges for larger turbos but at that point you may just want to build custom manifolds and crossover.
            '89 Firebird, 3500 Turbo, T56, 9-bolt/4.11
            '86 Fiero, 3500, 4-speed

Comment

I put a larger turbo by redrilling the holes for a t3 flinge on the x-over and using a one off down pipe.
              88 Beretta GTU turbo . 90 Black ASC/McLaren TGP, awaiting 4t80. 2003 Grand AM se 3400/4t45 daily grind.

Comment

can anyone get me pics of the bracket to support the turbo?
                and can anyone get me a pic of where i need to tap the oil return line?

Comment

Working...
                X