STS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STS

I have a 95 CS with a 3.4 dohc. I was wondering how good are the sts turbo systems? And do you think it would work good on my car?

Didnt realise sts made a kit for the w-body gm cars.
    88 Beretta GTU turbo . 90 Black ASC/McLaren TGP, awaiting 4t80. 2003 Grand AM se 3400/4t45 daily grind.

Comment

I've worked on a couple H2s and Corvettes that had STS on them. I always liked how they were set up. I can't tell you how well it would work on your 3.4 though..
      You may or may not know 10 times what i do.
      ASE Master certified. Just means I can take tests. GM ASEP Graduate.
      95' Z26, ported/cammed 3400/3500, OBD2, 282, T3T4. Boxes almost all empty..

Comment

STS turbo systems are relatively disappointing. They're better than NA, but introduce a lot of extra piping, weight, fabrication, and complexity compared with a front mount system and have inferior performance. Since there is a ton of room up front once you relocate the battery and washer reservoir, I wouldn't recommend STS.

Tim
        1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
        325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

I heard about the sts turbo systems. So I was just wondering on people's opinions about them. But then again front mounted turbo systems seems like it would be less of a pain of a butt.

Comment

The TBSS owners who run STS kits have found that they require so much tweaking to work properly, that it would have been easier to build their own kits from scratch... With that said, if I had nowhere else to put a turbo, I would consider one.

Tim
            1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
            325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

Working...
            X