PCM with built in turbo timer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCM with built in turbo timer?

I was looking through the cooling fan relay control settings for my obd2 fiero and had a thought, set "fan one keyoff time" to something like 45 seconds, and use that relay to power the PCM/ignition, then just use the Fan 2 relay control for the regular cooling fan.

what do you guys think?
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

i wouldn't want to lose a fan control circuit in lieu of a turbo timer function..... seems like it would be much easier to buy/build a dedicated timer box.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Problem I see with that is you would need the fan key on temp to be low enough to have that relay engaged all the time for it to work like that... But then your current fan would have to become manual of sorts that is if you use the fan one circuit.

Got Lope?
      3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
      Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
      Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Working...
      X