LX9 front manifolds and boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LX9 front manifolds and boost

I've seen a few people using 2 of the front exhaust manifolds for turbo builds but only in RWD applications I believe, has anyone used them in a FWD setup? Debating on trying to build a crossover for my 03 Grand Am, have a 5spd swap as well so that frees up some space in the back

would work good for a TT setup.. one off each manifold. but for a single it might not be the best option. I have 2 front manifolds for my LQ1 single turbo setup.. it faces both outlets to the drivers side and makes a "Y" pipe collect into the turbo.. (like stock TGP Setup). these manifolds face down so it would work well to hang a small turbo off each... thats about it.

S
    Shane "RedZMonte"
    2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
    1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
    -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
    2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
    1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
    1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
    1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
    1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

Not sure if I would have the space for a twin setup but either way these should flow better then log manifolds I think

Comment

That front one on the back would be aweful close to hitting your rack, wouldn't it?
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

shouldn't I don't think, not sure how familiar you are with my generation N-body but the rack mounts fairly low on the subframe

shitty pic but should clear I think

Comment

I think you are right. I think the older n body cars they mounted to the firewall, that's why I mentioned that.
            -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
            91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
            92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
            94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
            Originally posted by Jay Leno
            Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I kind of have a feeling it would still fit as this setup came out of a sunbird gt.. guessing they probably have similar rack setups

Comment

Working...
              X