Bolt on Lumina Z34 Turbo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolt on Lumina Z34 Turbo?

I own both a 91 and 93 Z34 and saw a few post about creating a bolt on kit. Whatever became of those? Yesterday I speed at the only tuning shop I've seen in the area and asked about a turbo and/or tuning my cars to add up to another 100hp. The answer I got was "Well if blah, maybe blah, perhaps blah blah, possibly blah blah blah extreme amount of money."
    Basically if it's not a bolt on kit, he'd spend 3 months trying to figure it out and I'd put his kids thru college. Anyone out there that had done it already still have the designs and tune for that build?

Sent from my 0PCV1 using Tapatalk

as much as I'd love to see bolt-on turbo headers for the LQ1, no one has ever made them and then sold them that I'm aware of.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

That's too bad. Especially since now I (kinda) own 2 1st gen Lumina Z34. But I know a few guys on here did the job b4 and I was hoping someone had a blue print. Maybe a Diego guy might-gonna them too

Comment

Where are you located?
        Current:
        \'87 Fiero GT: 12.86@106 - too dam many valves; ran 12.94 @ 112 on new engine, then broke a CV joint
        \'88 Fiero Formula: slow and attention getting; LZ8 followed by LLT power forthcoming
        \'88 BMW 325iX: The penultimate driving machine awaiting a heart transplant

Gone, mostly forgotten:
        \'90 Pontiac 6000 SE AWD: slow but invisible

Comment

I'm located just outside Chicago.

Comment

All custom. I built a custom kit for my old car. its not that hard to do for anyone who can weld. the hard part is tuning OBDI. not may places do it anymore, unless you swap to a megasquirt or Haltech or something. The OBDII setup (1996 DOHC harness and ecu) I did on my 95 I don't think will work on the 91-93 motors as they don't have a cam sensor on the front cam tower... unless you ran a newer cam tower on the front.

S
            Shane "RedZMonte"
            2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
            1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
            -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
            2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
            1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
            1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
            1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
            1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

I had read this back when you posted it but hadn't considered the fact i dropped a 95 ( i think) in it with a cam sensor ( located on the rear right corner of the front valve cover?). So actually i do have a OBDII motor just running it as OBDI. Are there only certain inputs needed to tune or would i have to put in harness and ecu

Sent from my LGLS770 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X