Super low budget boost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super low budget boost

So, we pulled the trigger this morning on a 2018 challenge car. 2000 Mazda Miata. I bought a 3400 form an 04 Buick rendezvous, t5 from a 1998 camaro 3800, flywheel and clutch from a 96 2.2 s10.

if any of y'all are familiar with the challenge, you know how cheap this game must be played. Last years car was a fprd v8 powered 1980 amc spirit built into an imsa race car clone....

anyway, i want to boost the 3400. Im thinking turbo for packaging simplicity.

sinister performance said tgey can tune this thing, but in doing research it seems that the factory map sensor can deal with boost. Is this true?
    i guess a betterquestion would be: what is the absolute MINIMUM that needs to be done to the factory hardware and software to cope with 10 psi?

also, suggestions for turbo? Quick spool and briad operating range is what im looking for. If i xan hit 300 at the wheels, ill be happy.

plan is custom built log manifolds feeding a single turbo, intercooler, and external blow off valve. If we can swing another gasket set in the budget, heads and intake will be pirted anx polished.

so, i guess i leave these questions with yall. And, if yall are interested, ill copy the build thread here as well. Should be a pretty neat build.
Working...
X