EBC on a TGP setup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBC on a TGP setup?

Say you have a 3.1 with all the TGP stuff swapped on and you have the chip tuned to a max of say 10-12psi. Is there anything stopping me from adding a EBC so that I can run maybe 7psi daily and dial it up when I want? From what I have seen, there are TGPs running around with as much as 12psi on the T-25. My 3.1 is NA so the compression is nearly identical so 10psi max should be safe, but having an EBC set to 7psi 85% of the time sounds really appealing to me. Thanks for any info.
    '91 Beretta GT 282 swap GONE

'98 BMW M Roadster stage 2+ boosted

'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt tuned

'11 Saab 9-3 XWD tuned

RE: EBC on a TGP setup?

Yea...just like the Sy/ty thise are electronicly controlled. BUt the actuator presset has low pressure. On my TGP and GTU..the presset acutuator setting is like 4psi if you connect it directly to the compressor housing. So if you use a TGP CODE and Waste Gate selinod..you will need to mod the TGP code for your acutator..by moding the Wastegate dutycyle tables. The boost veries according to RPM and Throtle angle. Theres also boost limit on first accel..well many tables..but you get the idea. GREAT boost controll...if you know how to use it. The APEXi unit still doesn't come close.
    88 Beretta GTU turbo . 90 Black ASC/McLaren TGP, awaiting 4t80. 2003 Grand AM se 3400/4t45 daily grind.

Comment

RE: EBC on a TGP setup?

You could also add an aftermarket ebc onto the stock TGP coded chip then leave it off for your low boost setup (I believe the TGP is 7 psi on low boost) then crank it up to whatever you want with the EBC for a high boost setup, no matter what you do you have to have the TGP chip recoded though as stock fuel cut is at 8.7 psi iirc.

Comment

Re: RE: EBC on a TGP setup?

Originally posted by Froggx
        You could also add an aftermarket ebc onto the stock TGP coded chip then leave it off for your low boost setup (I believe the TGP is 7 psi on low boost) then crank it up to whatever you want with the EBC for a high boost setup, no matter what you do you have to have the TGP chip recoded though as stock fuel cut is at 8.7 psi iirc.
        That sounds like what I was thinking. Is Jeff M still the only guy in town who knows TGP code?
        '91 Beretta GT 282 swap GONE

'98 BMW M Roadster stage 2+ boosted

'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt tuned

'11 Saab 9-3 XWD tuned

Comment

I had DarthFiero from pennocks reprogram a TGP chip to run my turbo 3.4dohc.. not sure just how familiar he is with the tgp code though

Comment

Re: RE: EBC on a TGP setup?

Originally posted by JamesonGT282
            Originally posted by Froggx
            That sounds like what I was thinking. Is Jeff M still the only guy in town who knows TGP code?
            I'm teaching myself but I don't have a flash burner so I couldn't lend others a helping hand. It's not that hard to get set up, could probably get it all down for less than $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Kohburn
              I had DarthFiero from pennocks reprogram a TGP chip to run my turbo 3.4dohc.. not sure just how familiar he is with the tgp code though
              From what I can tell, Darth Fiero can code with anything ever.

Comment

Working...
              X