Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where to find these retainers for 3800sc injectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where to find these retainers for 3800sc injectors?

i got a set of #36 injectors and 2 of them were missing the plastic retainers for the o-ring on the botton heres a pic of one with and without, the arrow points to the retainer i need, does anyone know where i can get 2 of them?

04 Escalade 6.0L
    08 Z06
    96 Blazer SFA

RE: where to find these retainers for 3800sc injectors?

Dealer?

Comment

no luck, i tried them first,
      04 Escalade 6.0L
      08 Z06
      96 Blazer SFA

Comment

You really don't need them, as long as you are careful when removing the injectors. They serve no purpose other than retaining the o-ring when the inejctors are not installed.

Marty
        '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
        '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
        '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
        '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

Quote of the week:
        Originally posted by Aaron
        This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

Comment

yeah, once the fuel rail is bolted down, things probably arent going anywhere
          If you aren't friends with a liar, you aren't friends with anyone.

Comment

but on deaccel there will be nothing stoping the orings from getin sucked into the engine, thats why i need them
            04 Escalade 6.0L
            08 Z06
            96 Blazer SFA

Comment

Look again, because I am pretty sure there is a lip that the o-ring and injector rest against when they are fully seated into the lower intake (there is on the pushrod engine at least). This will prevent the o-ring from going any further.

Marty
              '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
              '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
              '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
              '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

Quote of the week:
              Originally posted by Aaron
              This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

Comment

i really don't think there is one, does anyone have a pic of where the injector seats on the lower intake?
                04 Escalade 6.0L
                08 Z06
                96 Blazer SFA

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX11
                  Look again, because I am pretty sure there is a lip that the o-ring and injector rest against when they are fully seated into the lower intake (there is on the pushrod engine at least). This will prevent the o-ring from going any further.

Marty
                  I would hope that it is that way....

Besides I HIGHLY doubt that youe engine will create enough vacuum, to pull the O-rings into the engine, with the compression that the O-rings experiance when they are installed, it should be a tight squeeze.

Comment

I agree about the compression of the o-rings. In the numerous times I have pulled my injectors, I have yet to have a time when all of the o-rings have come out with the injectors. They're squeezed in there so tight that they will slip right over the lip of the injector and stay right inside the manifold.
                    -Brad-
                    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                    sigpic
                    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
                    X