Twin charged 2.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin charged 2.8

has anyone thought of making a twin charged 2.8? using a m90 supercharger and a gt28 or gt32 turbo in a cascading manner???
    I think youd get some impressive results from a system like this... and I know west coast fiero is doing this with 3.8sc engines so with this in mind do you think this would work with a fully built and forged all aluminum 2.8 bored to 3.3?

RE: Twin charged 2.8

a 2.8l, bored to 3.3l??? i figured that out on my desktop dyno, and a 2.8l bored .300" over will make a 3.3l. however, you wont have any cylender walls past .100". as for a 3.1l crank boreing the block .100" over, you can get a 3.3l. i wouldnt trust this for boost, its taking to much out of the cylender walls.

a better alternative to this would be to start with a 3.4l camaro motor. you could use a 614 street supercharger kit, then run a turbo into that. the motor would have to be stout, or it would kill everything.

Comment

i was thinkin a bowtie block with a 84mm forged crank forged rods and pistons and aluminum headsand maybe the smaller m62 blower actully what kind of power do u think this would make Im hoping 350-400 hp

Comment

IMO it sounds like a complicated way of doing what a turbo alone could do

Comment

Originally posted by Froggx
          IMO it sounds like a complicated way of doing what a turbo alone could do
          I agree......

Turbo and Nitrous however...........

MUAHAhahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by The_Raven
            That's what I was thinking. Now I have to wonder how much nitrous a stock bottom end can handle after balancing and knife-edging with about 10-15 pounds of boost.
            92 Lumina Z34
            Found coolant in the oil and metal in the filter.
            Also found a home in the engine compartment for a turbo and intercooler
            <a href=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/813554>Some pics at CarDomain</a>

Comment

Re: RE: Twin charged 2.8

Originally posted by sharkey
              a 2.8l, bored to 3.3l??? i figured that out on my desktop dyno, and a 2.8l bored .300" over will make a 3.3l. however, you wont have any cylender walls past .100". as for a 3.1l crank boreing the block .100" over, you can get a 3.3l. i wouldnt trust this for boost, its taking to much out of the cylender walls.
              GM did it.. so it's possible..

Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world &#8212; politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

I doubt that it had a 3.1 crank, that appears to be a '87 and they probably didn't have it then. But then again, GM has the resources for some crazy one-off stuff.

Cliff Scott
              89 BerettaGT
              04 AleroGX
              Cliff Scott
              89 BerettaGT
              04 AleroGX

Comment

Re: RE: Twin charged 2.8

Originally posted by Cliff8928
                Originally posted by sharkey
                GM did it.. so it's possible..

Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world &#8212; politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

I doubt that it had a 3.1 crank, that appears to be a '87 and they probably didn't have it then. But then again, GM has the resources for some crazy one-off stuff.

Cliff Scott
                89 BerettaGT
                04 AleroGX
                You're right, not a 3.1 crank, read the caption for the picture of the engine in the link you posted and it says it has a Moldex stroker crank. While unlikely, for all we know it could be the stock bore and all the displacement is brought up by the stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by Synestral
                  That's what I was thinking. Now I have to wonder how much nitrous a stock bottom end can handle after balancing and knife-edging with about 10-15 pounds of boost.
                  When you find out, I'd love it if you shared that knowledge with me

Comment

this is one that always enspired me, not exactly what you were asking about, but still friggin cool
                    1995 camaro 3.4 5-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Froggx
                      Originally posted by Synestral
                      When you find out, I'd love it if you shared that knowledge with me
                      If everything goes well, I'll have info on this too. I'm part way through my top end upgrade, turbo upgrade, and will start the Nitrous install shortly.

Comment

I would say all turbo. Why in the world would you need high boost (8+psi)down low(pre 2500rpm). That would just create high cylinder pressures at too low of an rpm. Thats if you can get traction out of the hole first. Just like N2O (indused after 3500rpm?/)...you don't need that pressure down low unless you run a diesel engine.
                        88 Beretta GTU turbo . 90 Black ASC/McLaren TGP, awaiting 4t80. 2003 Grand AM se 3400/4t45 daily grind.

Comment

Working...
                        X