• Supercharger and twinturbo

Is it possible??
    What would be the trouble??

Spec:
    gen 2 3,2L (org. 2.8L)
    M90 sc
    2 td04 or t3

Thx...
    ...Pain Is Just Weakness Leaving The Body...

RE: Supercharger and twinturbo

67 Olds Cutlass 2bbl 330 w/ 2 speed Jetaway

Comment

mmm, you mean sticking twin turbos on then pushing that through an m90?

well, motor would prolly blow up

Comment

Pointless IMO, unless you for some reason wanted in excess of 50 PSIG.....

Posible to do though.....

Twin turbo, twin supercharged, with nitrous. One of my all time favorite cars.

Comment

what would be the trouble if I made the sc stop after a while and just have the turbos pushing through the sc??

(the hole story: start in low rpms with the sc until the turbos gain pressure and then the sc stops making pressure and just spinns along..)

Have a nice day.
          ...Pain Is Just Weakness Leaving The Body...

Comment

Originally posted by tha_SwEdE
            what would be the trouble if I made the sc stop after a while and just have the turbos pushing through the sc??

(the hole story: start in low rpms with the sc until the turbos gain pressure and then the sc stops making pressure and just spinns along..)

Have a nice day.
            It doesn't work that way, and beyond that, pointless, just go turbo, or twin turbo, and yoiu'll be quite happy with the results.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Raven
              Originally posted by tha_SwEdE

Have a nice day.
              It doesn't work that way, and beyond that, pointless, just go turbo, or twin turbo, and yoiu'll be quite happy with the results.
              well, if he really wanted to he could try and fab up some kind of centrifugal clutch device that comes undone as rpm increase, but by the time that's done he could turbocharge 10 V660's

Comment

Sportcompact car mag actually has a good article about this in the current issue, baisicly... its not really the best idea unless you're building an engine that can sustain highpressure.
                26+6=1

Comment

actually guys, its been done on a grand prix and it layed down some VERY impressive #'s.

i think it was a stock GTP with minor mods, and then a turbo kit added on. both the turbo AND supercharger work together.

from what the people said at MGM this year, it was freaking nuts.

it was built by ZZP and unveiled a couple weeks ago i think.

Comment

I wish our engines held boost like the 3800's. I agree if done right it works quite well and can do some great things, but in our case I don't see the point. It helps that the 3800 has a factory supercharger so all they did was have to add the turbo, while in our case we'd have to add the supercharger and turbo, then make the motor not blow up.

germ, do you know if there are any articles on this car or anything, you've caught my interest.

Comment

Twin Charged

One of the guys over at PFF has a twin charged 3800. His screenname is Spddy I think. It is blue and insane I guess. Looks awesome. If I can find a build-up of it I will post the link. I guess it works well, never seen it in person though.

Greg

Comment

there were a few posts on clubgp.com about the turbo/sc GTP build up.

basically, there are a lot of wiring and control modules running some very interesting solenoids and shit to keep the thing running right.

IIRC, ZZP says that this is the 3rd one they have tried and the 1st to actually run right.

Comment

Twin Charged

Here is the link for the build-up of the 3800 twin-charged. Enjoy.

Today begins the process of another engine conversion. Here we will be installing a 3800 Series 1 Supercharged engine from a 1995 Bonneville into a 1988 Fiero with a 5 speed 282 Getrag transmission. The reason for the series 1 is that the customer had bought an engine on Ebay that was supposed to be a 2003 3800 Series II, instead received a 1995 ( never installed ) Series 1 with no accessories, no

Greg

Comment

Re: Twin Charged

Originally posted by 5speedGTP

Greg
                            Where?
                            -Brad-
                            89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                            sigpic
                            Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Re: Twin Charged

Originally posted by 5speedGTP

Greg
                              I'm not seeing something...

Comment

Working...
                              X