No announcement yet.

Supercharger and twinturbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raven, it's possible, Lancia have don it, and may other have don it too.

And that centrifugal clutch device, I was thinking of that first but I came up with a better option..

And I'm not thinking of to high boost max 2 bar (20PSI)
    But with twinturbo and a sc working nice, that will get a real good engine even in low and high rpms..

but I'm not sure what to do...
    I might just go with twinturbo...

Have a nice day..
    ...Pain Is Just Weakness Leaving The Body...

Comment

Nobody said it was impossible, just pointless. Check your math again....2 bar = ~30psi, not 20. Running 30psi on a street car just isn't feasable, which is why the twin-charge concept won't be worth the hassle. Besides, with today's turbo technology, you can run 25+ psi on turbo alone. Lancia used the technology because they were limited by the rules to a certain displacement, so the higher boost presure allowed them to make more power.

Running 15psi on one of these engines will make more power than you can use in a FWD anyway, so anything more is a lot of hassle for no benefit.

Marty
      '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
      '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
      '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
      '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

Quote of the week:
      Originally posted by Aaron
      This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX11
        Running 30psi on a street car just isn't feasable
        unless you're a mk4 supra

Comment

i dunno about that, eer her about what a 400hp a 600hp and a 80hp supra have in common? they all run 12's!

i forget where i got that but i thought it was funny.
          If you aren't friends with a liar, you aren't friends with anyone.

Comment

That's because anymore HP won't make the car any faster without traction. Same thing would happen with one of our engines pushing 20+ psi....without traction, it does no good.

Marty
            '99 Z-28 - Weekend Driver
            '98 Dodge Neon - Winter Beater
            '84 X-11 - Time and Money Pit
            '88 Fiero Formula - Bone stock for now

Quote of the week:
            Originally posted by Aaron
            This is why I don't build crappy headers. I'm not sure, I don't know too much about welding.

Comment

I thought it was a joke, cuz according to ricers all cars out of japan run the 1/4 in the 12's
              I wish 10% of the people on the road knew how to drive

Comment

Around here it's "what does a 500 and 1000 hp supra have in common? 12 second et"
                Perfect example of traction being a problem, of course It's got a lot to do with driver too. The IRS in a supra doesn't lend itself well to drag racing, and neither does a first gear that ends right before the 60' mark.

But of course same point, 20 psi in a 660 in a front drive car and you're not going to have much fun on the streets. It would be a different story in a fiero though.

Comment

Sorry for the math thing I meant 2 bar...

And I don't have FWD, I got 4WD...

Comment

4wd is a whole new playing field when it comes to traction, I bet you can make some nice launches... is this in like an S10 or something?

Comment

original thread, now achived might not have pics...

Today begins the process of another engine conversion. Here we will be installing a 3800 Series 1 Supercharged engine from a 1995 Bonneville into a 1988 Fiero with a 5 speed 282 Getrag transmission. The reason for the series 1 is that the customer had bought an engine on Ebay that was supposed to be a 2003 3800 Series II, instead received a 1995 ( never installed ) Series 1 with no accessories, no

What the car looked liked a year ago
                      I'm missing some results, and will edit this later, when I find the info. Here is what I have for now:Custom Notchback 1st Larry Havermann - 86 coupe (gold with stripes) 2nd Roy Welsh (silvermist) - 85SE, silver 3rd Larry Hughes - 85SE, custom red/copper paintCustom Fastback 1st Chris Sideris - 88GT, yellow, lots of chrome, audio/visual system 2nd Marie Houston (Rie) - 87GT, 3100, custom pain
                      3800 S3 intercooled turbo...

Comment

the car is a volvo with a gm v660 and the gearbox, front axel, rear axel and so on is from a bmw 4wd..

Comment

wow, that car is pretty hot, a good read on the buildup thread too, too bad the pictures are gone

Comment

Working...
                          X