Turbo cutlass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo cutlass

Right now, the engine is in the car and the car is in the driveway at home!! Im excited about that as it has been 30miles away in a shop stored since november. I need a few little parts here and there to get this thing going.

I will get pictures up tomorrow of my progress.

I got the IC mounted with the piping into the engine bay. One of the P&P heads needs to be taken to a machine shop to have a valve guide replaced. Once that is done, I can re install the valves and put the heads on the car.

I had the Ypipe built already, but i misjudged the position of the turbo. So I had to extend it a bit. I did part of that today, but im bad at fabbing the correct turns for the pipe, for some reason I cannot picture it. My gf can actually figure that part out better than me . She basically designed the IC piping.

Once I get the Ypipe finished, which should be tomorrow, I will install the radiator and some other parts and start on the down pipe. The head will be going into the machine shop tomorrow, so hopefully I can get it back by friday. Once that is all done, I need to buy the piping for the wastegate and rig that sucker up, do the piping to the intake manifold and start the car!!!

Now that the car is home it will be easier to take pictures and show my progress. I also polished the valves on the heads ill take pictures too, they look really good.

I have one question, my pistons are horribly dirty. They were this way when I pulled the original heads off, what would be a good way to clean them up and get some of that shit out of there?

www.cardomain.com/id/topless94style

There she sits in the rain today, nothing got done, I did get the head into the machine shop though.

Here is the intercooler and the piping installed, I need to move it all up about an inch to get a little more ground clearance.

Boost gauge ready to go......sorta I need to get a pod.

Heres the engine sitting tight waiting to suck mass amounts of air.

Comment

More pictures:

Picture of the combustion chambers on the heads 4spdz34 did:

Picture of my work area(mom didnt like that i was in the house haha):

Picture of an exhaust port, not very good I was in a rush:

Picture of one of the old dirt vavles:

Picture of my polished valve:

Comment

Looks nice. What do you think it will be putting down at the wheels.

Kyle
        1992 Lumina Z34
        5 Speed
        Autozone civic intake
        Ultra White lights
        FFP Dogbone mount
        125k miles
        2.5 inch Magnaflow catback from Magnaflow cat
        60degreeV6.com Custom Chip

Comment

I'm curious as to how the PCM is going to react. This is a 94 correct?
          If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
          sigpic

Comment

Well im hoping not too bad, since runs on a MAF sensor, I got a FMU that should help out the stock injectors some. I plan on a fuel pump and that stuff, im looking into various programs and wires and that stuff to get into the brain of the car and tune it some. Ill be putting the MAF after the BOV, and using a Ypipe to the wastegate as Tim reccomends.

Comment

Update: I got the heads put together and put on the car. My buddy's sawzall broke while cutting some random things in my car............... so the Ypipe and downpipe are going to be set back til i can buy a new one. He got store credit and bought himself a nice drill so. Heads are on, pistons are clean and its that much closer to being done. Got the radiator in, and most of the A/C stuff removed(random stuff being cut mentioned above).

Here is a pic of the heads:

More pics found here:

Comment

Is that a Saab 900 intercooler?
                '91 Beretta GT 282 swap GONE

'98 BMW M Roadster stage 2+ boosted

'06 Saab 9-5 wagon 5mt tuned

'11 Saab 9-3 XWD tuned

Comment

Ya, itll do for now.

Comment

Looking good. Good luck!
                    1995 Z34 - T04E "60" trim, 42.5 lb/hr injectors, AEM WBO2, FFP UD&DB, 3" exhaust, 2800 stall, shift kit, tranny cooler, Powerslot, Hawk HPS, rear disc conversion, KYB, Eibach, HMS F&R STB, Fittipaldi Force 18" wheels, big stereo, lots more coming eventually...
                    325 whp 350 lb-ft

Comment

Ive got a intercooler off a 89thunderbird coupe if ya needed something different.

Comment

Working...
                      X