Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: A new PROM - 3.1

Hi All,

Hope this is in the right spot, still kinda new to this forum.

I just picked up a 16149396 ECM, but it is from a DOHC motor (92-93 Lumina or a Monte Carlo - really do not recall a the moment...)

The Raven has said I need a new PROM, since the tables are different.

Does anybody have one? or does anybody know someone that reprograms the PROM's ???

Thanks a lot!
    -Don

you can use tunerpro and the ads(for scanning) and definition file(for tuning) i made for tunerpro
    the def and ads files are int he downlaod section here

youll need an adapter for the eeprom chip, the stock prom plugs into the adapter to retain the knock sensor curcuit(i think) and limp mode

you can use the 29c256 or the sf512 chip in the adapter

Comment

Originally posted by sil View Post
      you can use tunerpro and the ads(for scanning) and definition file(for tuning) i made for tunerpro
      the def and ads files are int he downlaod section here

youll need an adapter for the eeprom chip, the stock prom plugs into the adapter to retain the knock sensor curcuit(i think) and limp mode

you can use the 29c256 or the sf512 chip in the adapter

Is there an english version of that???

I am not quite ready to delve into the world of ECM/PROM tuning. Give me another 6 months or so...

In the meantime, is there someone I can just pay to do this for me, I just want a stock setup... 3.1 MPFI (gen II) and the 4T60E.

Thanks!

Comment

93 3.1 W body 4T60E work? 3.33 FDR.

If you want to send me your memcal, I will solder a new chip and put the stock 3.1/4T60-E code on there for $20 shipped back (no paypal). Then when you want to get into tuning it yourself, you will be able to use that to write to. Or for $30, ill give you an adapter that you plug your stock chip into and then both into the stock ECM. This is easier but is better suited for keeping your stock code for backup, which that won't really help you with.

What exactly are you working with though?
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
          If you want to send me your memcal, I will solder a new chip and put the stock 3.1/4T60-E code on there for $20 shipped back (no paypal). Then when you want to get into tuning it yourself, you will be able to use that to write to. Or for $30, ill give you an adapter that you plug your stock chip into and then both into the stock ECM. This is easier but is better suited for keeping your stock code for backup, which that won't really help you with.
          I would be more than happy to send you my chip to work with. Especially for only $20.00 !!!

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
          93 3.1 W body 4T60E work? 3.33 FDR.

What exactly are you working with though?

My engine:
          Stock 3.1 block from a 91 Lumina (including Pistons, Cam, lifters)
          Heads/Intake/TB.Timing Cover/Alternator/etc??? froma 92 Buick Regal

The trans is from a 94 ??? The only info I found it , based on the trans ID tag is:

Model Code Description - 4BLW
          Differential - 3800 W Body (4-bolt side cover)
          Ratio - 3.06
          Sprocket Ratio - 35/35
          Overall Ratio - 3.06
          VSS Reluctor - 31
          Stall Speed - 1897

It is mated to a 3800 engine, but not for long

Sent you a PM...

Comment

Working...
          X