No announcement yet.

WTB: Perf stuff for a Malibu LS (3100)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah no way that DOHC will fit without hacking up your car a ton. The engine bay isn't big enough.
    sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
    1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
    16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
    Original L82 Longblock
    with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
    Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

So, my things to do.

Put a 3400 UIM and LIM on, (fixing the intake gasket too), o-rings for the injectors, Corvette Brakes (With camaro brackets) 4t603 trans (from a v8 impala), and I haven't thought of anything else...

Comment

Why would you swap the 3400 stuff on?
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by axe9 View Post
          4t603 trans (from a v8 impala), and I haven't thought of anything else...
          Never heard of a 4t603 trans, care to elaborate?
          2000 Grand Am GT
          2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

4T60-E. Kinda funny cause someone gave me btjunkie.com to look at and I typed in btjunki3.com.
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

A friend of mine that had a 3100 on his car (Don't remember the car) said that the 3400 Intake manifold had better flow. and the 4t60e trans had really good gearing for the engine output, and would help me off the line a bit. I feel like I'm driving a semi it's geared so low. lol.

Comment

Your manifolds are the same as 3400 manifolds and being 2000+, are redesigned for better flow distribution as well. You have no reason to swap manifolds.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Oh.. ok didn't know that. So what can I do to increase performance? I'm confused...

Comment

Port them, or port the lower and run a ported 3500 upper with a 65mm TB.
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

3100's after 2000 (and I think some 99's) got the same large port top ends as the 3400 have.

x2 on the 3500 upper. It's nice.

And the 4t60-e in my car isn't geared low. I don't know about your malibu, but my car 1st goes to 45mph, 2nd 85, 3rd is 100 something, etc. It doesn't take off the line quick at all, and winds out forever. Getting more power from the engine helped more than anything, as 2nd gear isn't so useless now when it can't downshift to 1st.
                      sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
                      1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
                      16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
                      Original L82 Longblock
                      with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
                      Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

Working...
                      X