1996 Monte Carlo Z-34

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1996 Monte Carlo Z-34

I've got too many projects, and too many cars. I need the money to fix a few of my other cars and stop being the guy with 9 cars and only 1 runs. I will tell you guys the whole history on this car. At 132k miles, I bought her from a guy who didn't know squat about cars, about a year ago. Apparently the shop he took her too didn't either. She was running rough and stalling, and needed a tune-up. They fixed the gross vacuum leak and some how convinced him that his cylinder heads were all carbon clogged and they needed to be removed and rebuilt. $1800 later they couldn't get her in time and didn't know how to time her. So I bought her, drove her home running rough, pulled the intake, valve covers and timing cover, brought her up to TDC and all 4 cam flats were straight up, sort of. I re-timed her, noted the new tensioner, idlers, and timing belt, put her back together, and she purred. 1 caliper was leaking, left rear, so I rebuilt all 4 of them, new pads and rotors. Tires are in great shape, threw in new alternator and battery about 6 months ago, new plugs and wires too, filters and oil changes like religion every 2500 miles. SHe got some cancer in her quarters, needs an a/c compressor, the bearing in the a/c compressor is rattling, a/c uses gas so i don't use a/c. Power everything, tinted windows. For some reason this car doesn't have a top end limiter, I chased my buddy in his vette over 130MPH and she never stopped pulling. She needs a purge valve for emissions, so if you need to do the BS e-check that needs to be fixed, and that is the source of the SES light. ALso 1 VSS sensor is bad in left rear wheel, fix that and the abs and traction control will work. Traction control kills your handling, as its set to not allow you to power slide through corners so it not working was a plus for me. Car was driven daily 16 miles each way, to and from work, I'm a mechanic, a good one! Great gas mileage if you keep your foot out of it, I'd go 10-12 days before having to refuel. If you know Z's, she'll drink the fuel if you hammer it. Currently 142k miles. I'm taking offers. I'm in Cleveland Ohio. Locally I am asking $1900. But to the peeps of 60 degree I'll be negotiable. Alot of you have helped me out in the past so all of you can take advantage of me being soft now
    Last edited by 95SleeperAcheiva; 07-29-2008, 09:41 PM.
    sigpicHow to make High performance Emissions:
    A "true" High flow converter, straight pipe.
    Low/No flow EGR valve, block off plate.
    Carbon canister and purge valve mod, place in large 30 Gallon can, cover, and place curbside, the city will do the rest.
    PCV valve and vent tube, reroute to exhaust to dump where it belongs, on the ground. Or add breathers and let it all free.

96 and 97's dont have traction control. The traction control light is tied to the abs for stopping. Hey post some pics of the car love to see it.

96 Z34 3.4 SC DOHC Getrag, 284 5sd manual transmission, stage 3spec clutch, 97 engine, 97 pcm, S3 intercooler 1 of 1 Roots SC LQ1 in the world 8.5 psi.

Comment

Working...
    X