WTB: 3.4L motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 3.4L motor

s10 broke the crank in half. thinking about putting a 3.4 in it with my intakes and shit. because everyones telling me thats the best way to go. and has to be somewhat near southwest va.
    sigpic

What year is the motor? It's not that common for cranks to break unless it's pre-1986.
    Links:
    WOT-Tech.com
    FaceBook
    Instagram

Comment

its an 87. was doing perfict, not a sound. all of a sudden sounded like the rod was hitting the oil pan or something. it was the most god awful sound iv ever heard. then just shut off. very quiet poping sound. and nothing. turned verry free. just didnt move the crank pully. will get carnage pics in a few days...
      sigpic

Comment

Ive heard of a 3400 breaking a crank under normal use without any warning. Very rare indeed and I wish I knew what the cause was. Look forward to seeing some pics.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i talked to the guy at the junk yard here today, and he said he wont even sell a 660 under a 90 model because of how bad they are about breaking cranks. said that he had 4 blazers and 3 s10's that he has pulled in within the last 3 months with the crank breaking... if there is anything that can cause them to break due to stress, itll happen here, its nothing but steep ass mountains lol. deffinatly pics probably friday if it doesn't snow.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X