Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 3400 Hybrid engine whole or parts

This time it's really for sale. Whole or parts, will ship. What it is:

3400-11.5:1 cr - P&P 3500 heads with Comp Cams 26986 valve springs - P&P 3500 UIM & LIM - TCE 65mm tb - TCE tb adapter - new stock fpr with WOT-TECH fpr bracket - 32# Racetronics disc type injectors (eight) - WOT-TECH 1161 grind cam (210/215 dur. 531/531 lift) cam & pushrods

Engine has around 3000 miles on it. I also have the mounts, Gen1 3.1L power steering pump and hoses, A/C delete pulley and serpentine belt, and throttle cable to install the engine in a Beretta/Corsica.

PM me if interested in anything.

BUMP. I could sell the topend complete or maybe make a deal for some ported 3.1L manifolds from Ben at WOT-TECH. I'm going to rebuild my wife's 3.1, small cam, ported intakes, and a chip from Ben.

Comment

how much your looking for the cam?
      Mike 60degree addict.
      Beretta 96 3500 - 14.981@ 93.32
      sigpic
      65MM thorttle body, Crank trigger 97 venture ECM and Dhp powrTuner

Comment

You going turbo or just getting rid of a fast car?
        sigpic New 2010 project (click image)
        1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles
        16.0 1/4 mile when stock. Now ???
        Original L82 Longblock
        with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts
        Manifold-back 2.5" SS Mandrel Exhaust. Hardware is SS too.

Comment

The wife wants her Lumina back. lol I bought that car for her in January of '01 and she loves it and can't stand the way I drive it. I am going to raise the HP a little when I rebuild her 3.1, move on to another project and will have no need for the hybrid engine though it is a nice build.

Comment

What would be the new project? Why not leave the gen3 in the lumina? Don't trust the wife with that power? LOL Gen2 bah save your money! Just put it back stock.. haha. Still seems like a lot of work..
            Original L82 Longblock
            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

She definitely doesn't need all of the hp and she thinks that it gets terrible gas mileage. lol I can't use any of the hybrid on the my next project. Issac, here is a hint. Do you know what the designation "9C1" refers to?

Comment

You can have 3x00 powered cop car.
                -Brad-
                89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                sigpic
                Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

haha a 3x00 powered caprice.

i dont know i think id go for the LT1 instead or even build up an LQ4. (iron block LS1 for those who dont know)

what year you using. ive been slowly looking for a 94-96 almost had a 96 for cheap but the guy never returned any form of communication i used.
                  sigpic
                  99 Grand Am GT
                  3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
                  Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
                  1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
                  515 515 lift 112 lsa
                  15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

9C1 is just the police package, not just the Caprice. So even the latest Lumina police cars are 9C1s.
                    -Brad-
                    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                    sigpic
                    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

^^^^True enough, but it's a white '93 Caprice. I pulled in a friend's driveway the other night and the clown turned around, put his hands up on the top of his car,and spread his legs. Kinda like he'd done it before. LOL

Comment

The tb, cam and push rods, and the complete top-end are sold. Only the short block is left. It's a fresh 3400 with new bearings, rings, oil pump, and it has '93-'95 Camaro iron head pistons in it if anyone is interested. Now its on to the Caprice. After I get the wheels on it I'll post a few pics. I am also getting the parts to freshen up the wife's Gen2 3.1L for the Lumina, she should be happy.

Comment

Well, the TB is sold but I have not gotten a recent response from the person who was buying the the complete engine. If I don't hear from him by Monday it will be For Sale Again as a complete engine or parts.

$650 for the complete engine, you pay shipping (got a shipping quote to NY for $200). Shoot me an offer on the parts.

Here are the specs again:

3400-11.5:1 cr - P&P 3500 heads with Comp Cams 26986 valve springs - P&P 3500 UIM & LIM - TCE tb adapter - new stock fpr with WOT-TECH fpr bracket - 32# Racetronics disc type injectors (eight) - WOT-TECH 1161 grind cam (210/215 dur. 531/531 lift) cam & pushrods, Gen1 3.1L power steering pump and hoses, A/C delete pulley and serpentine belt.

Engine has less than 5000 miles on it. PM me if interested in anything.

Comment

Very tempting to say F-it and get this along with a low mileage trans since very soon I will be able to tune..... Not the end setup I want in a beretta, but then again my beretta is not the end beretta I want either just a DD.

How does that cam idle? is it ok for DD? what octane fuel did you use?
                            Original L82 Longblock
                            with LA1, LX9, LX5 parts

Comment

I built this engine to be a daily driver. One morning last winter it was 21* below zero and my truck wouldn't start. I hadn't driven the Corsi in over a week because of all of the snow we had but I jumped in it, turned the key and it fired right off. The cam has an awesome sound at an idle speed of 900rpm. The engine has unbelievable power from off idle to 6500rpm where it hits the rev limiter. Some clown pulled up next to me one night wanting to race. I played with him at a couple of stop lights and I guess that it pissed him off. lol At the next light I just took off normally in drive an ignored him so he let me get out in front of him a little ways and he gets on it to blow by me. Wrong, I dropped it into second gear and hammered it at the same time but damn he stayed right next to me and I thought WTF? I heard the engine revving so I looked down at the guages to see the speedo flashing past 80mph and tach is almost to 6500. OMFG tire spin at 55mph. I feathered the throttle a little so that the tires would hook and left him like he shut his engine off. I ran 93 octane Shell V-Power pump gas.

Two reasons that I am selling this engine. One is that I am truly disappointed in the fact that the Corsica/Beretta body platform rust so f**king badly around here. The second reason is that Dec.22 of last year I got a promotion from top wrench in the shop to the "Director of Fleet Maintenance", which means that I have to wear a suit to work every day. I hate rolling out of a little car dressed like that and and try to look good all day. LOL

I loved the performance and sound of this engine and now I have to build a 383 or a 406 that can do the same in my Caprice as this engine does in a small car. Oh yea, the money from this engine is needed for headers,full mandrel dual 2.5 exh., and the 3.42 gear.
                              Last edited by johnnymossville; 09-27-2009, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X