1996 GM Monte/Lumina/etc FSMs'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale : 1996 GM Monte/Lumina/etc FSMs'

This auction is for BOTH factory service manuals for 1996 Chevrolet Lumina, Monte Carlo, Pontiac Grand Prix, Buick Regal,and Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.

Book one covers Heating and A/C; Steering Suspension, Wheels; Axles; Brakes; Engines; Transmission; electrical; accessories; and body.

Book 2 covers Driveability and emissions, troubleshooting and electrical diagnostics, and transaxle/transmission diagnostics.

Both cover 3.1 VIN M, 3.4 DOHC VIN X, 3800 VIN K engines and all dimensions of these cars in and out.

They are used. I bought them to work on my Monte Carlo Z-34 until it gave up at 330,000 miles last month.

$25 shipped. Paypal or M/O good with me.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 3dale1; 01-03-2010, 05:27 PM. Reason: lowered price
    330,000 good miles...96 Z-34 RIP old girl!

TTT, lowered price.

Comment

pm sent

96 Z34 3.4 SC DOHC Getrag, 284 5sd manual transmission, stage 3spec clutch, 97 engine, 97 pcm, S3 intercooler 1 of 1 Roots SC LQ1 in the world 8.5 psi.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dale1 View Post
        I bought them to work on my Monte Carlo Z-34 until it gave up at 330,000 miles last month.

WoW! O.o That's a lot of miles! I bet that's the longest lived DOHC ever. At least that's the most miles I've seen on one, lol.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
          WoW! O.o That's a lot of miles! I bet that's the longest lived DOHC ever. At least that's the most miles I've seen on one, lol.
          Yea, that car was a good old girl! I bought it with 12,000 miles on it back in 97; it's been a lot of places with me. Sad to see it go; it will take a LONG time for me to get used to the seat and dash of another car. The original motor gave up at 317,000 (trans still shifted perfectly) so I bought a 100K motor off the forum and put it in...and something happened to it in November.

It hiccuped going to work one morning, so I drove it back home and noticed a hot smell from underneath. Converter wasn't glowing, but it had that very hot look to it. (it only was the original converter, LOL). Motor was chugging and very sluggish, seemed not to hit on all 6.

Cut the converter off to see if it cleared up, but it still ran hot and very sluggish. Timing belt and the sprockets on the front bank looked fine. Didn't want to screw with it anymore, the rear strut mounts were getting pretty rusty anyhow. I thought maybe it had one more winter, at best.

And they say American cars don't hold up like a Honda or a Toyota.....

Comment

Thats the most I have ever seen. The lq1 is a great engine that deserved way more credit. Only done fall has always been the trans. I beting 3rd -4th tranny?

96 Z34 3.4 SC DOHC Getrag, 284 5sd manual transmission, stage 3spec clutch, 97 engine, 97 pcm, S3 intercooler 1 of 1 Roots SC LQ1 in the world 8.5 psi.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dale1 View Post
              And they say American cars don't hold up like a Honda or a Toyota.....
              That's because people are too lazy to do upkeep (that any engine needs) and the also look at the MPG portion of the scope as well. Screw MPG, I want to have fun when I drive

Free bump!

Originally posted by Dave96z34
              The lq1 is a great engine that deserved way more credit.
              I concur, good sir!
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
              Originally posted by Jay Leno
              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave96z34 View Post
                Thats the most I have ever seen. The lq1 is a great engine that deserved way more credit. Only done fall has always been the trans. I beting 3rd -4th tranny?
                Nope! Original tranny with just fluid and filter changes!

Comment

wow thats amazing

Comment

Working...
                  X