This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 97 Monte Carlo 3100 motor part out

Motor has a broken cam shaft and 132k miles... Ask about anything not listed... You pay shipping... Its easiest to contact me by cell phone and I am in Norfolk NE
    419-376-4073

Upper intake - 30
    Lower Intake - 30
    Heads - 50

Willing to trade for 3400 heads

Transmission from 96 Grand Prix with 184k miles... Serviced Regularly, Has broken piece below the left dowl pin... I can have it welded and it does not affect performance... 50 picked up
    Alex (Big Al) Walker

someday GM will pull its collective heads out of their collective asses and listen to us... or go bankru... oops.

Seriously, I'll take what's left of the cam... I have an idea that I need a model cam for.

Comment

Ok, I dont have anything torn off the motor right now so I will be a bit, hope your ok with that?
      Alex (Big Al) Walker

someday GM will pull its collective heads out of their collective asses and listen to us... or go bankru... oops.

Comment

I need the drivers side dogbone bracket and bolts (upper torque strut bracket) off the engine.
        I don't have a pic, but if you're not sure what I am refering to I can find one. If you have the dogbone as well and it is in decent conditon I'll take that too. Both dogbones if you have them.
        Last edited by jmgtp; 01-26-2010, 01:47 PM.
        1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
        1994 Corvette
        LT1/ZF6
        2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
        3.7/42RLE

Comment

Originally posted by bigalwalker08 View Post
          Ok, I dont have anything torn off the motor right now so I will be a bit, hope your ok with that?
          Yep. I need the timing cover end (with the CMP reluctor ring), if/when you can get it out. I'm going to assume you're keeping the ECM, right?

Comment

Originally posted by jmgtp View Post
            I need the drivers side dogbone bracket and bolts (upper torque strut bracket) off the engine.
            I don't have a pic, but if you're not sure what I am refering to I can find one. If you have the dogbone as well and it is in decent conditon I'll take that too. Both dogbones if you have them.
            I have at least one of the full mounts (all parts between the frame rail and the engine brackets) in my junk box in the garage. Guess the guy didn't understand that I didn't need them for my 3x00 swap into RWD...

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick H1L View Post
              Guess the guy didn't understand that I didn't need them for my 3x00 swap into RWD...
              I lol'd at that. That's funny!
              -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
              91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
              92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
              94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
              Originally posted by Jay Leno
              Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                I lol'd at that. That's funny!
                What's even funnier was that I drove my RWD car to pick up the parts... Probably should have just left the mounts, but, eh, if someone needs them, I can sell them for cheap. If not, that's what metal recycling's for.

Comment

Sell me the valve spring retainers off the head?

Comment

Originally posted by jmgtp View Post
                    I dont have the mounts on the engine... I left them in the car and reused them... I do however have this one from one of my previous part outs... I know I have more and I will have to find them

If that looks right, Ill send it out and will find others also

Yep. I need the timing cover end (with the CMP reluctor ring), if/when you can get it out. I'm going to assume you're keeping the ECM, right?
                    Alright, Ill let you know when I tear into it... Also, Wiring harness was sold complete with ECM (It was a 96 GP wiring harness)

Sell me the valve spring retainers off the head?
                    Will do... In fact, It might be easier to send you the whole head, Let me know if your ok with that
                    Alex (Big Al) Walker

Comment

Alright, Ill let you know when I tear into it... Also, Wiring harness was sold complete with ECM (It was a 96 GP wiring harness)
                      Ah. I was assuming you had a stock Monte ECM in there anyways, and I can't use OBDII stuff, so no biggie.

Comment

I dont have the mounts on the engine... I left them in the car and reused them... I do however have this one from one of my previous part outs... I know I have more and I will have to find them

If that looks right, Ill send it out and will find others also
                        Hey BigAl, is the dogbone in that mount a dohc dogbone or a 3x00 one? Can anyone verify that the left and right radiator side brackets are the same on a W car? I imagine they are. If it is a 3x00 dogbone how much for the bracket and db?
                        1994 Corvette
                        LT1/ZF6
                        2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
                        3.7/42RLE

Comment

I honestly dont remember which one its from... Ill send it and the other one (if i can find it) for $25 shipped
                          Alex (Big Al) Walker

Comment

I may have a line on the parts I am looking for but if not I will take what you have for the price posted... can I let you know in a few days?

Thanks,
                            John
                            1994 Corvette
                            LT1/ZF6
                            2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
                            3.7/42RLE

Comment

That's fine... I actually have someone interested in the complete motor and if he wants it then I will sell it complete... Ill post an update in less than 24 hours
                              Alex (Big Al) Walker

Comment

Working...
                              X