1998 3100 Extras for sale or trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 3100 Extras for sale or trade

Okay, since I am getting ready for a 3100 hybrid swap into my 87 Firebird, I have some extra parts to get rid of. The guy I bought the parts from decided to give me just about EVERYTHING from the block (except the short block, front cover, and the damper), and being RWD, I don't need half of this crap. I have an alternator bracket, power steering pump with lines, engine mounts, pushrods (if someone needs them). I probably have more, but I'll have to go look. I also have an internally balanced flexplate (no weight) for auto transmissions/transaxles I no longer need and haven't needed in 4 years since I tore out my 700R4 and replaced it with my T5.

I'm looking for a set of GenII 2.8/3.1 pushrods, and a 16196401 ECM (94-95 3400 DOHC). Probably won't get the ECM on here, but I DO need the pushrods.

Make offers... I can get pics if requested. All 3100 parts are from a 1998 Malibu.

bump... This stuff needs to go!

Comment

how bout the valve retainers?

Comment

Originally posted by billytuffnuts View Post
        how bout the valve retainers?
        I'm keeping the heads in one piece so I can use them for my hybrid... I'm not replacing the valves, springs, or the other valve-related parts (except the stem seals).

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick H1L View Post
          Okay, since I am getting ready for a 3100 hybrid swap into my 87 Firebird, I have some extra parts to get rid of. The guy I bought the parts from decided to give me just about EVERYTHING from the block (except the short block, front cover, and the damper), and being RWD, I don't need half of this crap. I have an alternator bracket, power steering pump with lines, engine mounts, pushrods (if someone needs them). I probably have more, but I'll have to go look. I also have an internally balanced flexplate (no weight) for auto transmissions/transaxles I no longer need and haven't needed in 4 years since I tore out my 700R4 and replaced it with my T5.

I'm looking for a set of GenII 2.8/3.1 pushrods, and a 16196401 ECM (94-95 3400 DOHC). Probably won't get the ECM on here, but I DO need the pushrods.

Make offers... I can get pics if requested. All 3100 parts are from a 1998 Malibu.
          Man, you are everywhere I go, haha. Can't wait to see who finishes first :P (I'm 3rd gen RS on TGO) and not to hijack, but did you find that gen 2 pushrods are an ideal length? If so what do your heads have for valvetrain, rollers, but not roller tips? and what year is your block, though I don't think that matters as we all have the same valvetrain I think..
          sigpic
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/390342...evrolet-camaro

Comment

There's a couple of guys on here who have been running genII pushrods on heir hybrids for years. Thing is, the genII is the "bastard child" of our engines, having non-roller lifters but the shorter aluminum heads. I will be running the rockers from the 98 heads with roller fulcrums but are not full roller. Yes, the valvetrain is the same, but my block is from a 90-92 car (haven't found the VIN derivitive yet so I'm not 100% on the year, although I DO know it's a 3.1 because my 2.8 didn't have dished pistons).

Comment

Yeah, they have a 12 CC dish on them, so your heads are roller fulcrum like this? Didn't know that the gen 2 had flat tappet cams like us, but yeah, that being the case the pushrods should be the exact length we need. That asteroid belt of complications is starting to thin out :P Now if only USPS can find my damn oil pump drive and balancer(more importantly the reluctor wheel attached to it) /grr
              Btw, when do you expect to finish your rebulid, and are you doing anything other than the engine?
              Oh and just a tip from what I've seen on 60/6 engines...and I've owned 3 cars so far and they all each had a different generation....but if you didn't buy head gaskets yet, make sure you buy completely metal ones, the reason I started this build to begin with is I had to tear down the engine due to bad HGs, then I got curious cause they didn't look like metal, then I cut one and found out its just some rubber/vinyl/plastic w/e material, with just a tiny metal ring around the cylinder bore, but the embossments around the coolant holes were barely there anymore...
              I bought some real nice MLS stainless steel viton coated ones, if theres one thing I can be sure of its that my head gaskets aren't going to fail! You also want metal LIM gaskets, probably one of the bigger problems to these engines is the cheap gaskets gm threw in them...
              Attached Files
              sigpic
              http://www.cardomain.com/ride/390342...evrolet-camaro

Comment

I'm not doing a full rebuild yet... I have the bearings, oil pump pickup, and crap, but no room and no engine hoist or stand . I'm getting rid of my 3.1's heads because I don't have the time to have them sit in a machine shop getting new guides. Besides, like I said before, I couldn't beat the price I paid for the 3100 stuff.

I had those cheap crap head gaskets on the engine when the engine was put in... I ended up replacing both of them with FelPro ones back in 05 (compression leak between cyls 3 and 5) and haven't had any problems with them since. That's why I'm going to stick with them.

Right now, I don't have anything other than the heads and intake (along with pounds of other crap I don't need as seen above). I'm waiting for my taxes to come back so I can get a replacement 3.1 harness off of one of the TGO guys, an ECM, the gaskets, and tuning stuff.

Comment

Working...
                X