3.1 3.4 GM oil filter adaptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted 3.1 3.4 GM oil filter adaptor

Looking for an oil filter adaptor from a 95-96 beretta to make the oil filter in my 3.4 vertical. Anyone got one?

Are you still looking? I have the one the block from my Z24.
    Dan
    http://www.zrracing.com/
    [/url]http://www.youtube.com/user/zrracing4
    sigpic

Comment

Any pics of the adapter at all? And installed?

Somewhat interested...
      -Chris-
      03 Black GAGT Sedan
      MODS:
      MP Racing CAI / Magnaflow High Flow Catalytic Converter / Flowmaster 80 series w/glasspack resonator
      Front STB / MSD Ignition: 8.5mm wires & blaster coils / SOME BIG GODDAMNED MUDFLAPS

And some other stuff to make it look pretty.

Comment

I bought a 3500 not VVT block from Phil and it had one on it. Check that out. I'll take some pictures when I get home.

Comment

I try and get a pic today, i have it buried right now.
          Dan
          http://www.zrracing.com/
          [/url]http://www.youtube.com/user/zrracing4
          sigpic

Comment

Word.

I've been tinkering with the GA again lately, might as well pick up some more parts during my mod itch. lol
            -Chris-
            03 Black GAGT Sedan
            MODS:
            MP Racing CAI / Magnaflow High Flow Catalytic Converter / Flowmaster 80 series w/glasspack resonator
            Front STB / MSD Ignition: 8.5mm wires & blaster coils / SOME BIG GODDAMNED MUDFLAPS

Comment

Adapter is pictured on this block.

and another closer shot.

You'll have to cut the alignment pin off if you wish to mount this upside down, and also check the clearance on the manifolds because that puts you really close to high heat for the filter.
              Last edited by 3400-95-Modified; 09-28-2010, 11:38 AM.

Got Lope?
              3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
              Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
              Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
              12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

That's slick.

This is pretty much a direct fit? What gaskets are needed?

Also, I use the oversized filter for my car (PF52 rather than the PF47 sized ones pictured.) I'm not lowered, so ground clearence shouldn't be an issue...right? lol
                -Chris-
                03 Black GAGT Sedan
                MODS:

Comment

Originally posted by [ChaosweaveR] View Post
                  That's slick.

This is pretty much a direct fit? What gaskets are needed?

Also, I use the oversized filter for my car (PF52 rather than the PF47 sized ones pictured.) I'm not lowered, so ground clearence shouldn't be an issue...right? lol
                  this has nothing to do with ground clearance. if you have shitty motor mounts i'd replace them as enough movement and the filter will contact the subframe. im talking a lot of movement as you have a 1/2" of clearance from the bottom of the filter to the subframe.

ill take some pics of mine this week sometime that will describe it better than i can right now. im using the PF52 sized filter. i have been running this adapter since the day i bought the car with no problems.
                  sigpic
                  99 Grand Am GT
                  3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
                  Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
                  1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
                  515 515 lift 112 lsa
                  15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

Originally posted by geldartb View Post
                    this has nothing to do with ground clearance. if you have shitty motor mounts i'd replace them as enough movement and the filter will contact the subframe. im talking a lot of movement as you have a 1/2" of clearance from the bottom of the filter to the subframe.

ill take some pics of mine this week sometime that will describe it better than i can right now. im using the PF52 sized filter. i have been running this adapter since the day i bought the car with no problems.
                    the only gasket you need is where the adapter contacts the block. just ask for the oil filter adapter gasket for a 95 beretta with a 3.1 for example

dammit wrong button
                    Last edited by geldartb; 09-28-2010, 12:05 PM.
                    sigpic
                    99 Grand Am GT
                    3400/3500 -Solid trans mount--TCE 65mm T-body---85mm LS2 maf---1 1/4' TCE intake spacers with 3400 upper--SLP Catback with flowmaster 80--TOG headers
                    Modded 3400 lifters with LT1 springs---Comp Cams 26986 Springs
                    1357 cam 227 233 .050 dur
                    515 515 lift 112 lsa
                    15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400---New time to come

Comment

No it shouldn't be an issue, Its a direct bolt on facing down and you just need an "oil filter adapter gasket" this is the clearance... on a Beretta with the long Mobil 1 filter, Its pretty damn close to equal with the subframe on our cars.

Only issue I see with a GA is the cradle clearance.

Got Lope?
                      12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

I made that sound all off. lol

I should have said if I had to worry about the filter being lower than the oil pan. But if you've never had issues, I guess I'll be fine.

Originally posted by 3400-95-Modified View Post
                        Only issue I see with a GA is the cradle clearance.
                        That's what I was thinking about. But as said by another GA owner, I should be fine.
                        -Chris-
                        03 Black GAGT Sedan
                        MODS:

Comment

the only gasket you need is where the adapter contacts the block. just ask for the oil filter adapter gasket for a 95 beretta with a 3.1 for example

dammit wrong button
                          And I was just about to ask about the gasket. lol Thanks.
                          -Chris-
                          03 Black GAGT Sedan
                          MODS:

Comment

Fel-Pro 70672

Got Lope?

Comment

Working...
                            X