Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB: 3x00 PS pump, Alternator, A/C (for an LX9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 3x00 PS pump, Alternator, A/C (for an LX9)

I'm working on an LX9 swap. I'm trying to figure out my accessories. I'd like to get my hands on a power steering pump that will fit. Doesn't appear one came on this LX9 from an '05 Uplander (electric?).

It would complete the system if I could also find an alternator and A/C compressor.
    '98 Volvo V90 - Ford 5.0 swap in progress
    '96 LR Range Rover 4.6 HSE - suspiciously reliable
    '92 Volvo 740 Wagon - former parts car, now daily-driver beater
    '71 Opel Kadett Wagon - 1.9L CIH w/ Weber DGV 32/36, in bits

I have an alternator in like new condition, used for about 2 months, paid $105 for it at advance auto, make me an offer email me at phel0z@yahoo.com

Comment

You are probably right on the electric assist steering. There were a few vehicles from about that year that got it. Malibu was another one coming to mind.
      -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
      91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
      92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
      94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
      Originally posted by Jay Leno
      Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

I don't see where the PS pump would mount. Am I out of luck unless I get a timing cover from a PS equipped engine?

Comment

Or maybe go with a RWD timing cover and go with Camaro/Firebird accessories kind of like the hybrid guys?
          -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

I have a 3100 timing cover as well if that would work for you

Comment

i have a 3400 timing cover, power steering pump, and a/c compressor. lmk if you need anything.
              2002 Chevy Malibu 3400sfi - Project Sleeper - Good night

Boost - Coming soon to a malibu near you.

Comment

Turns out I was incorrect, I do have a timing cover that will take a power steering pump. Would yours bolt up to mine? Have the pulley and lines as well?

Comment

don't have the lines but the pulley is on it and it does look like it would bolt up. as would the a/c in the front there by the oil filter. want a pic?
                  2002 Chevy Malibu 3400sfi - Project Sleeper - Good night

Boost - Coming soon to a malibu near you.

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                    Or maybe go with a RWD timing cover and go with Camaro/Firebird accessories kind of like the hybrid guys?
                    Superdave mentioned that on my swap thread. The MPFI RWD brackets are different than my TBI brackets. If I could find a full set, that would be an option for sure. There are pros and cons to both.

The RWD brackets would be most similar to the Trooper layout and and I could use the same power steering pump and A/C connections, but I don't possess them and they're a little harder to find. Gives me the option of rotating the intake 180º if that proves best.

The FWD setup is lower profile, leaves more room to work with at the front of the engine. But I would not be allowed to rotate the intake 180º. Not such a big deal if I'm going to modify the plenum for a side inlet. However that leaves the thermostat at the rear of the engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootie524 View Post
                      don't have the lines but the pulley is on it and it does look like it would bolt up. as would the a/c in the front there by the oil filter. want a pic?
                      Yes please.

I'm a little foggy on where/how that compressor bolts on, and what that means for my RWD motor mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonero View Post
                        Superdave mentioned that on my swap thread. The MPFI RWD brackets are different than my TBI brackets. If I could find a full set, that would be an option for sure. There are pros and cons to both.

The RWD brackets would be most similar to the Trooper layout and and I could use the same power steering pump and A/C connections, but I don't possess them and they're a little harder to find. Gives me the option of rotating the intake 180º if that proves best.
                        One of the main reasons I mentioned it. Too bad it's winter and browsing the junkyards isn't much of an option at the moment.
                        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.

Comment

We don't have any good junkyards here. Small town. The big u-pulls are more than an hour away, I've never actually been to one.

Want to make a few extra $?

Comment

I just looked up an '89 Camaro engine on car-part.com and came up with one in Portland. Called the yard, they haven't had the car all that long and and thinks the engine is still complete. Asked what the complete engine would cost, he thought $250. It's a ~150k mile engine.

I'd like all the multiport swag off it as well, I had collected some of those parts but it's just too hard to get everything you need one piece at a time (I'm not Johnny Cash).

He said I was welcome to come look at it, but there's the problem of me being an hour away and having to take time off work.

Comment

I have the exact same timing cover on my 3500 and the 3100 power steering pump bolts right on. If you do not want to use A/C, you can use the idler pulley just below the water pump. I have a pic of my belt routing in my build thread I'll dig up for you.

1990 ASC/McLaren Turbo Grand Prix 3500 swap GT3076R turbo 40lb/hr injectors FMIC LX9 coils Megasquirt2 v3.0

Comment

Working...
                              X