WTB: TCE 65mm Throttle Body 3400 SFI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted WTB: TCE 65mm Throttle Body 3400 SFI

Looking for a used 65mm or 62mm TB for the 3400 SFI engine.
    Should be in great condition, with zero nicks, chips or scratches.
    Fully assembled would be great.
    Send me a PM or post here.
    Thanks.

You will have a hard time getting one of these used. Why not just buy a new one? The cost of used one you probably can just buy a new one.
    "Living is doing everything you want to do and dying is everything else"

Comment

TCE stopped making them for a while, but recently did another batch production run because I bought mine brand new about a month ago. You can buy them fully assembled but I'm not allowed to tell you where on here without risking my post being deleted.

Comment

Yeah, I know I could buy a new one, but I figured maybe if someone had a used one they were not using, I could get a decent deal on them.
        I know where you are referring too, but I would prefer to buy from Ben/WOT-Tech. Which he does not have them in stock.
        Last edited by PerfectCreature; 07-19-2012, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Ben stopped dealing with TCE so he will never have them in stock anymore.

Got Lope?
          3500 Build, Comp XFI Cam 218/230 .050 dur .570/.568 lift 113LSA
          Fully Balanced, Ported, 3 Angle Valve Job, 65mm TCE TB, S&S Headers.
          Stage-1 Raybestos/Alto 4t60e-HD, EP LSD, 3.69FDR
          12.61@105 Epping NH Oct 2015 Nitrous 100shot (melted plugs) 13.58@98.8 N/A 3200LBS

Comment

Originally posted by Starglow View Post
            but I'm not allowed to tell you where on here without risking my post being deleted.
            Who said you are not allowed to post about milzy motorsports, tce, or whatever other sites sell 60V6 parts?
            Ben
            60DegreeV6.com
            WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
              Who said you are not allowed to post about milzy motorsports, tce, or whatever other sites sell 60V6 parts?
              I recall at least one instance where my post was deleted, I assumed because I had mentioned Milzy, so now I'm careful about not promoting anything from Milzy or any other competitor sites when posting here. But as the site owner, if you're fine with me doing so then I stand corrected and any such posts would of course be limited and relevant to the topic of discussion.

Thanks Ben...!

Comment

I know that I have deleted posts from the WOT-Tech section of this site for mentioning other sites.
                Ben
                60DegreeV6.com
                WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectCreature View Post
                  Yeah, I know I could buy a new one, but I figured maybe if someone had a used one they were not using, I could get a decent deal on them.
                  Even used they go for $180-200 and sell pretty quick unless you get lucky and fall into a good deal, but those kind of deals don't happen very often. I looked for a long time and was thinking I'd never get one, but got lucky when TCE decided to build another batch of new ones. Some people are using the LX5 instead, however you need a throttle cable bracket and different TB spacer to make it work.

Comment

The $180-200 is better then the $260 on the website. I read around you can build one by grabbing an LX5 TB and modifying that.
                    I found the LX5 TB on eBay for about $50. WOT-Tech has the adapters (out of stock at the moment) for about $54 and the LX5 TBs for $75 cleaned up and everything. So that way is cheapest at the moment. Just the TB cable modification worries me.
                    I would prefer to have a TCE one that is built, and made for my car, but if anyone has a used LX5 with the adapter, I would consider that as well.

Oh, on a side note. Ben, do you have WOT-Tech stickers yet? I would not mind a couple for my engine bay.
                    Last edited by PerfectCreature; 07-19-2012, 11:19 PM.

Comment

I have some but they need the backing put on and cut. We also have some window banners. I have been wanting to add them to the store but keep forgetting.
                      Ben
                      60DegreeV6.com
                      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

I am not one for window banners, I guess I could use one, but I prefer stickers really.
                        If you have a chance to get that backing cut and whatnot- I would not mind getting the LX5 TB, with the adapter and that backing plate. It would be cheaper then buying the TCE one.
                        How much would that backing plate be?
                        If I bought a new UIM, would you assemble the TB and all of that to the plenum?

Comment

The cable bracket? We need to set it up on a car still to see how to make them before I will know a price. I can setup the TB to the manifold no problem.
                          Ben
                          60DegreeV6.com
                          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

A custom throttle cable bracket would be sick for the lx5 throttle body swap, You can modify the stock lx5 bracket by cutting the stock cable part out and welding a new one from the 3x00 bracket in it place no need to bend or anything atleast with z24s guys that all i had to do made 3 of them and no complaints from anyone.

Comment

So.... Where can we buy the 65mm TB's???

Comment

Working...
                              X