1999 Alero 3.5 Swapped - Parting - MN F-M/STC area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale : 1999 Alero 3.5 Swapped - Parting - MN F-M/STC area

A punk kid ran a stop sign and totaled the old girl. Basically not in the mood to get another and re-mod so parting her out to get back some of the thousands I have put into her. Would consider trades, too. I'm leaning toward getting a Buick Lesabre/Park Avenue. So if the price is right.

*Will post Pictures later* - Willing to part in pieces or in whole if the price is right.
    Damage was front-pass. It was a pretty good hit but no fluids sprayed nor did the air-
    bags go off. However the dash doesn't come on anymore. It did when I got it towed home and rolled up the the windows so likely a short/low battery. The motor does turn over but won't stay running. I'm guessing it's just a loose connection somewhere as it did very similar things when I tested different computers in it two years ago.

A quick overview of what is available to part with.

3500 (81k) miles on motor - stock (modded for a 99 Alero) - currently in car. All the parts, sensors, bolts from the 3500 are in a box.

05 GATG 4t45-e (29k) - (3.29FDR) - inserts (very nice in the winter.)

3500 (13k) miles on motor - cammed - needs new valves and a valve job. Should get around 250HP. The cam/springs came from wot-tech but the valves hit the pistons slightly for some reason. Best guess is the valve guide install height was wrong. I had started planning to get this done to swap it back in this summer but the day I was going to go to the shop to get things planned ... well ...

The motor has been sitting for about 2 years. It was torn down to swap the stock motor into the car. So it's just the heads/valve covers and I think the LIM. Don't remember as the motor is stored about 1hr from where I live. It has the 3400 chain as well.

Most belt assembly items have been replaced and have around 17k miles on them.

Brand new tires P225/50R16 (4k) (all 4 done at the same time) - Altimax HP General H rated paid > $600 all weather 60k+ and wow did they make a huge difference for winter traction. Probably over paid locally going by online prices but would like to get $400 for all four. No damage appears to have been done to them from the crash. The car didn't hit the tire and no parts were pushed into them.

I have a thread on the various parts and whatnot I got for it on this forum.

I'm located about 2hrs from St Cloud/1hr from Fargo/moorhead / alex area so local pickup would be ideal but I will entertain shipping items, too.
    Last edited by nixtux; 03-02-2013, 09:37 PM.

I live in St Cloud and interested in the cammed 3500...I also sent you a PM.

Comment

Well, how much would you want for the stock lx9 With the trigger, I'd be throwing it into a 99 grand am

Comment

It would be a u-pull job. I do have a small garage I could pull it into here and would help.
        However it's not my shop and last I checked the owner didn't have metrics so you would need to
        bring a set. He does have a compressor and air tools though.

Assuming it's only the motor + trigger $275.

Comment

assuming u can shipped the cammed motor how much to 14624???
          94 BerrettaZ26 3400,5 spd, aluminum flywheel, stg3+ spec clutch, poly mounts everywhere, strut and strut to rad braces, s&s headers, euro mirrors, and taillights, E36 headlights, blk widow spoiler, GTU rimz, intrax, KYB, OBD2 swap rear disk swap with ss lines and ss clutch line, addco rear bar

07 Chrysler 300 Base, with C frt bumper blk halo headlights and foglights. Coming soon tinted taillights and 22". The Family ride

Comment

Got the heads pulled and camshaft pulled. I didn't get pictures of the pistons as I had the shop junk the block since it's probably f'ed.

Anyway I'll be taking the heads to the machine shop today or Monday.

Here is the damage. What caused it is still a bit "unknown" so we'll see.
            Attached Files

Comment

does the engine come with the wrench?

Comment

How much for trans? I live in duluth so it wouldnt be that far of a journey

Comment

It's a 4t45-e from a 05' GAGT. It has 29k miles (17k of those /w the locks) I have no idea how long they last.

I'm open to offers but I would like to see $400.

The passenger side axle will be included since the GAGT has a different input than the Alero.

Comment

pm sent
                    95 Z26 3400/OBDII/GETRAG

Comment

Working...
                    X