Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest in rare 92 5-speed Z-34 new clutch parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest in rare 92 5-speed Z-34 new clutch parts?

import sd790 Sept 11, 2011 119.JPGlumina exhaust_license covered.jpgThis is the post I thought I would never write

My '92 Z-34 5-speed and I have been through a lot. 1827 of these cars were made with the 5-speed manual transmission in 1992. Very few are on the road at this point and mine has one of the cleanest interiors around. There are no rips or tears in the seats or the headliner.

I have tried to use genuine GM and Delco parts for almost everything that has been done to this car, especially the past few years:

1) 1994 suspension parts with larger roll bar and springs
    2) Front and rear disc brakes
    3) Parking brake cable
    4) Hub sensors
    5) Rear calipers
    6) Tires
    7) Intake Manifold Gaskets
    8 )Clutch Master cylinder (just replaced)
    9) Clutch Slave cylinder (just replaced)
    10) Clutch disc (just replaced)
    11) Clutch pressure plate (just replaced)
    12) Clutch throw out bearing (just replaced)
    13) Shift cable bushings
    14) Brake switch
    15) Driver and Passenger Metal wraparaound window moldings
    16) Side Mirrors
    17) Dual Flowmaster 3 chamber mufflers
    18 ) Free flow catalytic converter
    19) Custom dual exhaust work with resonator to get rid of "tinny" sound and bowtie tips
    20) Platinum plugs
    21) Plug wires
    22) Hypertech chip
    23) K&N permanent filter
    24) Rear stripe

That's all I can remember. I have put a lot of blood, sweat, and tears into this car. Over the past several years I have invested a lot in her both financially and time-wise. I have invested thousands of dollars into fixing things as I went...most recently it was all the clutch parts. I also had water leaks fixed.

Because of my job I recently moved from NC to TX and have bills to pay, so the bottom line here is that I think I am going to sell my rare car to get some money to help pay them. I can't afford to put more money into her at this point. Back home I had a driveway and garage. Here I live in an apartment. The car is currently in North Carolina.

Mechanically the car is doing well. The clutch parts are factory...including the pressure plate and disc...which were next to impossible to find. What she needs most right now is new carpet and a good paint job due to delamination, especially on the horizontals. The cheap tint someone else put on the windows is also peeling and needs to be replaced, and the door handles need replacing.

The pics were taken a few years back before the paint really started delaminating. With a nice paint job and a few other tweaks she can look like that again. If I sell it I would prefer it goes to someone who really values this kind of car and will take good care of it. Right now I am looking to see what kind of interest there is.

Tom
    Last edited by NCChevyMan; 04-23-2016, 12:34 PM. Reason: Title change not showing up in forum

Where in Texas are you? I might be interested, depending on price.
    sigpic
    1994 Oldsmobile Cultass Supreme SL
    3400/Getrag 284 5spd
    1995 Chevy K1500 350c.i. 5spd Z71
    350/NV3500 5spd
    2014 Chevrolet Malibu LS

Comment

I am in Houston but the car is back in North Carolina.

Comment

More pictures (particularly of interior) and asking price please. How long ago was the timing belt changed ? Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X