WTB: 5-speed Fore-Aft shifter linkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: 5-speed Fore-Aft shifter linkage

I need a linkage that goes on the top of a 5 speed that works the forward and backward part. I have a 284, but I have no idea if a 282 linkage would work on my car because the two are supposed to be alot alike. If anyone has one, let me know, I have paypal and I need this part. Thanks
    -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
    91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
    92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
    94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
    Originally posted by Jay Leno
    Tires are cheap clutches...

I have 1 but I dunno which one it is. What connector does it have to the shifter itself? The one I have has no hooks on either end.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

i have one as well

WWW.OverKillEngineeringMotorsports.com

Comment

Sorry, it's been forever since I've been back here... Anyways, I don't need the shifter itself, I need the linkage on top of the tranny. Ben, remember the one that I cut with a cutting torch, removed about an inch, and rewelded it to make it short throw? That is the one. I took the one off the 91 in case the one in the 92 (modded one) broke, lol. I think it went to the meet with us in KY. I have no idea where I put it. I looked in the consoles of both cars and ended up parking the 92 in the apt. complex, taking the battery and shifter linkage with me to grab the 91. BTW, that timing tool rocks, and the 91 is back in action, but I didn't have enought light to set the timing, and had to find TDC on the crank by hand (not fun). I didn't get it dead on, but it does run, be it lopey, but I'm used to that :P I couldn't do the 6/6 like you suggested, because the rear pulley wouldn't come off when we took them off the cams But, it runs, I don't mind lope, been used to it for a while now, and it gets me throught the snow.

EDIT: Pulled the battery out of the 92 because last time I let it sit, it killed my Optima Red top, and I didn't want to make that mistake again, plus I need cranking power in the cold :P
        Last edited by pocket-rocket; 12-08-2006, 08:33 PM. Reason: added something
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Working...
        X