4T60E 4 Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4T60E 4 Sale

I have my rebuilt 4T60E for sale. Has only 10,000 miles on it. The rebuild in cludes new clutches, seals, Soliniods, switches, pump shaft, Drive chain, and HD thrust washers and bearings. Also has a trans go shift correction kit, 3.73 final drive, Phantom grip LSD, later model reinforced final drive housing, and fully shimmed 1-2 2-3 accumulators. This is a working unit and that shifts positive and true. Its set up for W bodies with a 3.1 or 3.4 TDC. Excellent gear box.

Would like $400.
    Lorenzo
    '11 DODGE Challenger R/ T Classic 57M6 Green with Envy "Giant Green Squid"
    '92 PONTIAC Grand Prix SE 34TDCM5 "Red Lobster"

what year is it?
    1994 Chevy Corsica. Parted out. Just a rotting shell now
    Best 1/4mile ET - 12.9
    Best 1/4mile MPH - 111
    1997 Ford Ranger Splash
    Daily Driver

Comment

91-93. This trans shifts awesome, partial or full throttle.
      Ben
      60DegreeV6.com
      WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Its an E with only being a '91-'93??
        '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

maybe im wrong but I think he has only had 91-93 setups. 3.4 DOHC came with a 4T60-E in 91-93 and 3.1 w body in 93.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

Yeah its really only good for '91-'93 3.4 TDC and '93 3.1. Ben is right, that gear box kicks ass.
            Lorenzo

Comment

Originally posted by SappySE107 View Post
              maybe im wrong but I think he has only had 91-93 setups. 3.4 DOHC came with a 4T60-E in 91-93 and 3.1 w body in 93.
              Ahhh ok. Whats so good about the E though? How does it shift better?
              '93 Sunbird. 5spd, 3.1, it's fast. Oh, and 240k miles has proven lethal against Turbo Talons

I'm lurking occasionaly. It's tough because I'm usually too busy with the Army or my 5.0 Mustang. Which is for sale.

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

E mean its electronicall controled. In this transmissions case, the shifting and torque converter clutch are enabled electronically by the computer, from input of various sensors. The shift correction kit, shimmed accumulators new clutches and thr adjustment of the transmission modulator give it a crisp shift. With a strong enough engine it'll break the tires free on a WOT 1-2 shift.
                Lorenzo

Comment

Whoa cool! So I'm assuming you mean a not-stock 3.1 or 3.4 for breaking the tires loose on the 1-2?

camaromanmatt@yahoo.com

Comment

i thought they would work in a 94-95 lq1 car as well, just change out that little black box on top of the tranny(the one that tells the ecm which gear the car is in).
                    The Official Rotating Mass Nazi

Comment

how does the phantom grip lsp work's in dayly driving on mostly on making quik turns (i heard there is a down side to them is that true).you don't happen to have a torque cornvter to go with it.
                      if you don't sale it soon or before i take care of some bills , i'll take it from you .
                      i just love to watch the wheels turn around and around

Comment

in '94 they added the PWM solinoid and deleted the 2 pressure switches.. You can wire it up so that it shifts and the tcc works for '94 +. you just wont use the switches. The phantom grip works well mainly at the track so I've noticed. You wont feel anything in the steering and it's perfectly safe. I actually I have 3 torque converters.. they all work and are all the same...take'em...The only thing that is wrong, with the trans is the side cover gasket seep a touch. I have a new gasket for it and a spare side cover.Yeah you start plumbing some power through it it'll perform.
                        Lorenzo

Comment

thanx , if you don't sell it in a good time frame that you want p.m. and i see how i'm going in my bills.but, i'am intrested cause i wanna re-built my 3.4 dohc engine that i blew and it;ll be nice to have a trannie ready for it also.
                          i just love to watch the wheels turn around and around

Comment

Well I was hopeing for somone one local as freight is going to be a nightmare....
                            Lorenzo

Comment

Check out www.uship.com , as you might be able to find someone willing to haul it for relatively cheap.
                              -Brad-
                              89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
                              sigpic
                              Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

Working...
                              X