No announcement yet.

2004 impala 3.4l pcm tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With tuning, you shouldn't have a problem with emissions related codes (and I am not talking about turning them off either). Headers won't hurt, but the high flow cat might. Very doubtful on that either but it really depends on what kind of testing they do.
    Ben
    60DegreeV6.com
    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

ok heres the deal, i am going to buy the 63mm thottle body. what i need to know
      is should i take off the old one, put them on a bench side by side and systematcally transfer the parts one for one. is there any thing i should know like holy sh*t spings or anything like that.

Comment

Never heard of a 63mm TB for these engines.
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

oh, i cant get a larger throttle body for my 3.4 impala?
          man that bites.

Comment

You can, either a 62mm or a 65mm, go with the 65mm for your 3400.
            As of April 2
            3rd Gen Cavy has 3500 Installed!
            ----------------------------
            Engine: 2006 SV6 3500 LX9
            Trans: 2002 Getrag F23 5speed
            Pcm: 2001 Impala La1 3400 with complete Engine Harness.
            Injectors: #36 GTPs
            TB: 65mm TCE
            Maf: 1999 3400 Montana.
            Adjustable TCE Fuel pressure Regulator
            Walbro W1 255 pump from Racetronix.
            Beverages: Ice Cold CANADIAN.

Comment

oh thats great. 65mm. ok good.
              thanks. i am new at this , and i am shooting questions to anyone who will listen.

Comment

i am interested in purchasing an hp tuner for my 2004 3.4l impala
                Ben from WOT mentioned they sell them. does anyone have the manual in pdf format that i can
                study to try to wrap my head around all the things involved.

Comment

Updated 2016-10-22: Getting started / how to threads for using VCM Scanner V3 and newer ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Your Guide to a good tuning experience 32 and 64 bit Windows XP, Vista, 7 8 10 MPVI USB driver installation

There is no pdf or manual for the HPTuner but there are some posts and links that might help.
                  Ben
                  60DegreeV6.com
                  WOT-Tech.com

Comment

If you want to learn to tune,first learn to diagnose.
                    Once you understand the OBDII system and can diagnose it,it'll be alot easier to understand how to tune and modify it.

The most common thing I see with most people getting into tuning is they haven't a clue how to diagnose. Everytime there is a problem they look at the tune.

I would suggest getting into it if your really into cars though,it's fun and you learn a buttload about engine dynamics,combustion,exhaust,intake theory and all sorts of fun stuff like ideal gas law etc..
                    Just don't expect it to be quick,cheap or easy lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X