2004 impala 3.4l pcm tuner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 impala 3.4l pcm tuner

Hi all, i am going crazy trying to find a company that makes a pcm tuner for my 3.4l. 3.8 tuners are a dime a dozen. I want to try a chip before i invest in tearing my motor apart.
    Last edited by ninjaguinea; 02-01-2010, 08:41 PM. Reason: PUNCTUATION

the OBD2 PCMs don't use removeable chips: they get flashed through the DLC port.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

i believe DHP and HPT both have the ability tune your car if you do the tuning yourself. Check with Milzy Motor sports they might have something for you.

But honestly i would do other things before worring about a tune... on a stock N/A motor you won't gain much from a tune.

S
      Shane "RedZMonte"
      2004 Corvette Z06 Commemorative Edition -VIRGIN
      1995 Monte Carlo Z34 14.38@101mph, 331hp/355tq
      -Turbonetics T04E Super 60 Turbo, 2.5" Borla Catback, OBDII, 42.5# Injectors
      2004 Subaru WRX STI -Lightly Modded (SOLD)
      1994 Lumina Z34 -VIRGIN (SOLD)
      1992 Lumina Z34-VIRGIN (RIP)
      1992 L67 Lumina Z34 (SOLD)
      1990 Turbo Grand Prix (SOLD)

Comment

I use Tunercats for OBDII.
        It is no longer available as a standalone version,only as a package with the moates roadrunner setup for about $2500 starting.

The licensing is now with JET and they are producing their version of TCOBDII.
        It is called the JET dynamic spectrum tuner.
        All the available files for the TCII setup are available with the newer JET setup i'm pretty sure.
        And I am able to do all 3.1/3.4 and 3.8's from 96 to 05 or so,that means should be available with the JET setup.

This isn't a plug in and follow directions tuner though like hpt,if you don't know how to tune don't mess with it. (unless you want to learn-steep curve but fun).

I also have an EFILive commercial setup,but don't think it can do the V6 engines.

Comment

I use and sell HPTuners, which works with an 04 Impala.
          Ben
          60DegreeV6.com
          WOT-Tech.com

Comment

thanks.

thanks for your help folks.
            someone made a good point of doing other stuff to my engine before
            tuning my pcm. i am buying headers from pace setter. i want a high flow cat
            and i want a larger throttle body. i think mine is 53mm for a 3.4. i want a 63mm. can i get one from 60d v6 assembled and how much.

thanks again.

Comment

^^^^^

As of April 2
              3rd Gen Cavy has 3500 Installed!
              ----------------------------
              Engine: 2006 SV6 3500 LX9
              Trans: 2002 Getrag F23 5speed
              Pcm: 2001 Impala La1 3400 with complete Engine Harness.
              Injectors: #36 GTPs
              TB: 65mm TCE
              Maf: 1999 3400 Montana.
              Adjustable TCE Fuel pressure Regulator
              Walbro W1 255 pump from Racetronix.
              Beverages: Ice Cold CANADIAN.

Comment

unfortunately, i am in electrical engineering. when it comes to cars i cant find my way out of a paper bag. the new throttle body for me would have to be pretty much plug and play.

Comment

"TCE Billet Throttle Bodies are currently available assembled with sensors for the price of a bare unit (Save $60). The linkage is off a Malibu, which is compatible with the Grand Am and Alero, as well as the Monte Carlo and any other vehicle that as a setup that looks similar to the pictures below. Adjustent in the cruise control may be necessary (Monte Carlo for sure)."

Right from main page.

Thats as close as you can get to plug/play
                  As of April 2
                  3rd Gen Cavy has 3500 Installed!
                  ----------------------------
                  Engine: 2006 SV6 3500 LX9
                  Trans: 2002 Getrag F23 5speed
                  Pcm: 2001 Impala La1 3400 with complete Engine Harness.
                  Injectors: #36 GTPs
                  TB: 65mm TCE
                  Maf: 1999 3400 Montana.
                  Adjustable TCE Fuel pressure Regulator
                  Walbro W1 255 pump from Racetronix.
                  Beverages: Ice Cold CANADIAN.

Comment

Yup, that linkage/tb should bolt right up to an impala. Let me know how those pace setter headers work out. We might make headers for the impala, but there wasn't much interest.
                    Ben
                    60DegreeV6.com
                    WOT-Tech.com

Comment

yeah i know, not many 70 year old men are in the market for headers for thier 4 door impala sedan. i bought the car because it was affordable for me. add some double racing stripes, flow master exhaust, dash mounted tach, goodyear eagle one nascar white letter tires, completely blacked out windows, and a fender full of high performance decals, and whoala, you got yourself a pretty cool looking car. i have had 5litre mustangs back off just looking at my car even though, they would have blew my doors off like a roadside bomb. ahahahah i will post a photo, how do you attach photos?

Comment

my mechanic refuses to put on my headers and a hi flow cat. he insists the light will go on and i will never pass inspection again. he is most definitely distancing himself from the whole thing. i said what are you my mom? fine. i will give someone else the $600.00

Comment

it is possible it will set codes. unless you disable the downstream O2 since it monitors catalyst efficiency. it will pass visual inspection, but actual emission testing may cause it to fail...
                          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
                          Latest nAst1 files here!
                          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

if i put the headers on but leave the stock cat am i not defeating the purpose?
                            why get more out of the motor to get bottlenecked in the cat.

Comment

depends on how restrictive the stock cat is. i know the one on the 95MC wasn't THAT bad. it would still see gains from headers, but certainly not as much as if it was gone.
                              Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

Working...
                              X