X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD 1.5 Tuning/ Fuel Options

Ok so here is the deal, i have a 1995 beretta (l-body) with an OBD 1.5

I took out the 3100 and put in a 3400 with the following engine mods,

01' LA1, Ported & Polished LIM, LX9 Ported and Polished UIM, L36 Injectors, LX5 65mm Throttle Body, Cold Air Intake, High Flow Cat, FULL 2.5" Exhaust, Highflow Cat, Magnaflow XLTurbo Dual Tip Stainless Muffler, 8.2mm Taylor ThunderVolt Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, EGR Delete.

So far the computer has done well fixing the fuel ect making it idle and drive nice,
    but soon I want to put headers on from WOT-TECH.

I have been told that i will not benefit much from headers unless i tune ect
    Is this true?

I know nothing about fuel/tuning,

What are my tuning/fuel options?
    Adjustable Fuel pressure regulator?
    OBD2 Swap?
    Other Options?

I want to know what is easiest and or cheapest
    As well as which is safest and most reliable for my engine.
    And also which will result in the most power from my engine.

Thanx in advance!

Probably your best bet would be OBD-2 swap. I think bstuff or bnet had a write-up on how to do it in a 95 (or maybe it was a 96?). Tuning OBD-1.5 basically can't be done. I really don't see the point about the headers, though. You will still see gains. Perhaps not as much, but that has more to do with tuning for everything else, not really the headers.
    -Brad-
    89 Mustang : Future 60V6 Power
    sigpic
    Follow the build -> http://www.3x00swap.com/index.php?page=mustang-blog

Comment

IIRC Theres isnt a writeup on how to do it, just a writeup on what wires to cut on the inside of the car.

And ive been told OBD2 swap would be the best bet but it is difficult, and you spend an entire day at the yard getting the stuff if you can actually find it, if not if sells for $300+ and than you have to get tuning stuff which costs a good bit more money.

Thats why i wanted to see what other options i had.

Comment

Working...
      X