Moving Tpro log files between PCs anyone know how

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Tpro log files between PCs anyone know how

I would like to move my datalogs recorded on my laptop to my desktop and thought at one time I had actually been able to find the logs from my early TGP Tunerpro tuning sessions and successfully do so.

My laptop has Vista as the operating system and searching the Tunerpro files under the programs directory has not revealed the location of the datalog files so that I can copy them and move them to Tunerpro on my Desktop.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

tunerpro usually saves them to it's own program directory, they should be there but unless you set the file associations in tunerpro they may not show up.

i move log files between my XP laptop and win7 desktop all the time.
    Past Builds;
    1991 Z24, 3500/5 Spd. 275WHP/259WTQ 13.07@108 MPH
    1989 Camaro RS, ITB-3500/700R4. 263WHP/263WTQ 13.52@99.2 MPH
    Current Project;
    1972 Nova 12.73@105.7 MPH

Comment

Originally posted by Superdave View Post
      tunerpro usually saves them to it's own program directory, they should be there but unless you set the file associations in tunerpro they may not show up.

i move log files between my XP laptop and win7 desktop all the time.
      Although you didn't spell it out for me, your affirmation caused me to do some more searching. A trip to the Tunerpro forum and review of a thread asking how to delete a session helped me realize the file was in front of me all along.

For others who may not be aware or forgot, you must first establish a file/folder for the logs to be saved to and then understand that if you do not create a new file name for succeeding datalogs, they will be tacked on to the last file as a numerically ordered session under the same file name, so instead of 40 files, I have one file with 40 sessions.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling Dave, now I can use the big screen to look over my logs and see a little clearer.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph Upson View Post
        My laptop has Vista as the operating system
        No offense, but that's mistake 1. I hate Vista with a passion. Usually when I can't find a file I'm looking for when searching the hard drive, but I can find it in the programs recent documents, I will type something to make a change and hit save as and look to see where the program is saving stuff. That is interesting though, about the whole adding sessions to 1 file.
        -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
        91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
        92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
        94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
        Originally posted by Jay Leno
        Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

still using V4 joseph?

V5 uses individual log files, in the XDL format.
          1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
          Latest nAst1 files here!
          Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
            still using V4 joseph?
            V5 uses individual log files, in the XDL format.
            Yep, keeping it simple, although I do have one datalog with V5. I need a good how to on using it as it's pretty busy at first glance for me to fool with learning it right now. I have trouble finding some of the simplest commands and never got to the bottom of how to send the complete log out as a excel readable for code59 autoprom. I really would like to see the MPG function at work though.

Comment

i barely remember how to operate V4 outside of making ADS files anymore...

mark has been smoothing it over a LOT compared to when it was in private beta

PM me when you have time, i'll see if i can write up a quick guide.
              1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
              Latest nAst1 files here!
              Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Working...
              X