Before I Do Something .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I Do Something .....

Give me some info here. I want to get the 94 Camaro tunable. I have access to a 93 Camaro with 3.1, or a 93 Firebird with 3.4. Which one, and what should I remove?

Reason? Headers, cam, head work. Need to change shift parameters. All the good stuff.

Or is there a better way?
    Last edited by RednBlack; 03-01-2011, 06:54 PM.
    If you are driving a Chevy, everything else, is just a blur. 3.4 Carbon Footprint.
    sigpic

well, what exactly are you willing to give up? if you use a trans that doesn't use a pressure control solenoid, then you can run a 1227727/1227730 ECM on the A1 mask. you'll lose SFI(LOL), but that's about it IIRC since i'm adding a lot of functionality to the mask that was previously OBD1.5 only.

and a 93 F with a 3.1? you mean a 90-92 w/3.1?

and until someone gets around to hacking their way through the OBD1.5 PCMs, it's about the only option you have before going to aftermarket ECMs, or back to carb/dizzy.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Does the 94 V6 F-body use a different PCM than an 94 LT1 V8 F-body?
      The 94 Corvette PCM is tuneable (OBD 1.5) and I'm fairly certain that is the same PCM used in the F-Body LT1 cars. It is OBD I but can be reflashed through the ALDL port. I did it on my 94 to alter the fan temps and recalibrate for the larger wheels/rear gear change but all the options were there to tune.
      1991 Grand Prix GTP LX9swap/Getrag 284 --- SOLD =(
      1994 Corvette
      LT1/ZF6
      2006 Dodge Dakota 4x4
      3.7/42RLE

Comment

the 93-95 V6 F-body PCM is SIMILAR to the 94-95 LT1 PCM, they're both Delco P66 MCU's and use dual flash PROMs. they CAN be read/reflashed through the ALDL port, however, no one has made the software to do so yet.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Working...
        X