Need Help: Wiring Harness Diagram for 04 Grand Am

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help: Wiring Harness Diagram for 04 Grand Am

Does anyone have access to a PCM pinout diagram for a 2004 grand am?

Any help is appreciated.
    2000 Grand Am GT
    2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

this should help.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Thanks Robert, much appreciated.

Hopefully I can run a 04 PCM in my 00 Grand Am since I swapped in a 04 transmission that has different internal sensors.
      2000 Grand Am GT
      2011 Chevy Impala

"The world's best cam combined with a poor set of heads will produce an engine that's a dog. But bolt on a set of great heads even with a poor cam, and that engine will still make great power." ~John Lingenfelter

Comment

Does that seem to be the problem Phil ? Still getting a light ?

Comment

Originally posted by unchained01 View Post
          Does that seem to be the problem Phil ? Still getting a light ?
          Apparently in 04 GM changed the pressure manifold switch, which now has about half of the internal pressure switches that the 03 & later models have.
          Due to this they made programming/hardware changes, so I can't pull the binary coding from a 04+ and put it on the 00 PCM.

I am comparing the wiring diagrams now to see what if anything has changed and then I am going to try to run a 04 computer in my car.
          2000 Grand Am GT
          2011 Chevy Impala

Comment

Ouch i see hope you get it figured out !!!
            Last edited by unchained01; 01-13-2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

The trans I got was from a 2004 and my car is a 2000.
              So I swapped in a 2000 pressure solenoid into the 2004 trans, hoping that would be all I needed.
              I failed to realized at that time that they also change the valve body in 2004 along with the pressure manifold which contains the pressure switches.
              2000 Grand Am GT
              2011 Chevy Impala

Comment

If it doesn't work (and this may be a dumb question) couldn't you swap valve bodies to get the pre-04 stuff?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
                -60v6's 2nd Jon M.
                91 Black Lumina Z34-5 speed
                92 Black Lumina Z34 5 speed (getting there, slowly... follow the progress here)
                94 Red Ford Ranger 2WD-5 speed
                Originally posted by Jay Leno
                Tires are cheap clutches...

Comment

Originally posted by pocket-rocket View Post
                  If it doesn't work (and this may be a dumb question) couldn't you swap valve bodies to get the pre-04 stuff?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
                  Yeah, that is an option and I hope I don' t have to go down that road.
                  2000 Grand Am GT
                  2011 Chevy Impala

Comment

Working...
                  X