Call fo Cal Docs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call fo Cal Docs

Cal docs that made it out of GM engineering years ago have been saved, copied, stashed, and regarded as precious metal. But for the most part they haven't been released to the public. So this is a call to get some of them released. They refer to systems that in some cases are approaching 25 years old and don't have much to generate in the way of wealth for the holder. They're not going to enable people to undercut a business with huge profit, nor will they cause amateur tuners to stop using the tools currently available. What they will do is enable or assist in cleaning up and completing disassemblies that have been floating around in various forms for years.

If you have one of these documents or if you know anyone who has one please take a moment to consider releasing it. There's an honest effort going on right now and much of the work is just covering ground that has already been covered. Make the effort to improve the hobby for all. If you're a member of a forum that may have members with access to this info, consider posting a similar request there. The more of this info we get into the public the more we can do overall.

Note: It looks like the following is a scan of an original GM doc. These are what I'm asking about: https://www.60degreev6.com/filestore...1163622410.doc

Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by 1project2many; 03-24-2013, 07:06 PM.

A1 and DF are hosted here, i think we were pretty damn lucky to get those. i happen to know the original source(who i won't name for obvious reasons), according to him, any of these types of documents were quite rare to leak and have been on internal lockdown for years.

i have a 3800 related doc, but obviously it won't be of much use here.
    1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
    Latest nAst1 files here!
    Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by robertisaar View Post
      A1 and DF are hosted here, i think we were pretty damn lucky to get those. i happen to know the original source(who i won't name for obvious reasons), according to him, any of these types of documents were quite rare to leak and have been on internal lockdown for years.

i have a 3800 related doc, but obviously it won't be of much use here.
      You are lucky to have them, certainly.

Names can be omitted to protect the good hearted. This is long past current tech, but it still better to respect privacy.

Maybe they were rare to leak, but I've sat with a group of people and looked at multiple three ring binders containing docs for different cals. Those docs were copied from other sources and some were copied again during the get together to go elsewhere. Copies were released for companies offering propane conversions, for people in specialized development programs, and maybe just because. Syty development got a huge boost when a cal doc found it's way into a programmer's hands. The GN community has been using one for the 7148 for years. They are out there and it would help to get them online while there's still some interest.

Comment

i love it when GM code engineers "acquire" a copy for their personal vehicles... because of the A1 and DF docs, i was able to directly translate them into 88 and most of 6D/8F for a similar calibration.

anyways, since it won't be of much interest here, i'll see about cleaning up the 3800 doc i have(it's 27MB and about 400 pages) and getting it on gearhead-efi. supposedly, the original paper copy was rescued from a GM dumpster.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

supposedly, the original paper copy was rescued from a GM dumpster.
          Ahhh... the romance.

Thanks, Robert.

Comment

i love it when GM code engineers "acquire" a copy for their personal vehicles... because of the A1 and DF docs, i was able to directly translate them into 88 and most of 6D/8F for a similar calibration.

anyways, since it won't be of much interest here, i'll see about cleaning up the 3800 doc i have(it's 27MB and about 400 pages) and getting it on gearhead-efi. supposedly, the original paper copy was rescued from a GM dumpster.
            Please do robert,I play with 3800's myself and love info.

Comment

i'm working on the XDF now actually, it's for the 88 model year LN3 (3800 Series 0), but this calibration basically is what the later masks evolved off of. the 88-93 stuff will all be VERY similar and the 94-95 will be basically it's own little subset within the 5B group.

anyways, Eaglemark has the PDF, so whenever he gets around to uploading it to the gearhead-efi forum, it will be available there basically forever. if you want it faster, let me know and i'll post a download link.
              Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

i'm working on the XDF now, the PDF is intended for the 88 model year LN3(3800 Series 0). the later masks evolved directly from this one, the 88-93 will all be very similar, while the 94-95 had a bit more significant changes.

i sent a download link for Eaglemark so that he can host it indefinitely on gearhead-efi, whenever he gets around to that, it should be a permanant resource, until then, i have a link that will work for ~90 days, Early 3800 Cal Info.pdf
                Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

I was hoping it was seriesII,but i'll take it where I can get it.
                  Thanks,until 1project posted on GH this morning I had never even heard of them.
                  Only other references i've been able to ferret out was a thirdgen thread referencing one on diyefi or gmecm floating around several years ago. Possibly a holden something.

Comment

well, there was a 95 S2 3800, used the same PCM as the 94-95 S1, just a slightly tweaked mask.
                    Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

i'm working on the XDF now, the PDF is intended for the 88 model year LN3(3800 Series 0). the later masks evolved directly from this one, the 88-93 will all be very similar, while the 94-95 had a bit more significant changes.

i sent a download link for Eaglemark so that he can host it indefinitely on gearhead-efi, whenever he gets around to that, it should be a permanant resource, until then, i have a link that will work for ~90 days, Early 3800 Cal Info.pdf
                      Did we get this taken care of Robert?

Comment

..... i have no idea? i remember finishing the XDF at least.
                        Latest nAst1 files here!

Comment

This should be resolved.
                          Last edited by 1project2many; 08-19-2013, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X