OBD1 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBD1 question

I know the OBD1 system isn't engine specific as long as the engine remains under the same guidelines as the OEM engine. I would like to swap my 3.1 for a 3.4 from the same generation and try to find it as pushrod instead of a DOHC for wiring harness purposes. Will my OBD1 system operate a 3.4 even tho the OEM application is a 3.1?

you'll need to have a chip burned, but yeah, it should run it no problem.
    "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

So I can't just plug n play the 3.1 E.C.M to the 3.4 and it run? If I have to get a chip burned it seems easier and cheaper to just get a 3.4 E.C.M

Comment

seems easier to leave your car alone and also cheaper. Its certainly far more realistic than finding a unicorn (gen 2 3.4 computer).
        Ben
        60DegreeV6.com
        WOT-Tech.com

Comment

we need more info here, year make model ect.
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

My car is a 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 4 door with the 3100 and the 4T60-E tranny.

Comment

yea it kinda seems that way. Hell I cant do anything to that car it seems071.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X