X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L36 - V6 3800Engine . with ls1 Pcm Conversion

I have done 99% of the wiring

just a little unsure on est bypass wire & Crank signal wire

Do i hookup Crank signal wire to 18x Crankshaft reference or to Crankshaft Reference out from DFI Module???????

Next step Is the PCM...

Has anyone modified an LS1 Pcm to run a V6 Before..

Need to know what to do

If anyone has worked it out please share this info with us.

Why?
    The 3800 uses almost the same exact pcm,though different for the extra injector and different coild drivers and stuff I imagine.

Yours might as well be an LS pcm,except it's made to run a 3800.
    If you mean run it using the LS operating systems as well good luck,I hope you figure out a way.
    I've looked into it,but you better know how to dig thru the programming and change stuff in the computer so it can run on the different crank signal,coils/strategy etc..
    Asked some very smart people about it couple years ago and consensus was there is really no point except ease of tuning (use hptuners/efilive).
    And that's not a good reason since plenty of options for 3800 tuning.
    Robert and Eric are pretty good with the operating systems and pcm's,hopefully they'll pop up and tell me i'm full of it and it's easy

You probably have more luck asking on either a 3800 forum instead of a 60 degree forum i'm sure though,might check out Delco hacking forum.
    Those aussies mod the hell out of L67's and LS1's so if there's a way they prob would've found it by now.

Comment

this guy has actually done it...so i know its possible

Comment

EricJon would likely have a better idea of this than i would, i've only looked into it briefly to know that it is possible, but as far as specifics, i don't have many.
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100, 4T60E...for now, future plans include driving it until the wheels fall off!
        Latest nAst1 files here!
        Need a wiring diagram for any GM car or truck from 82-06(and 07-08 cars)? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by JMS3800 View Post
          I have done 99% of the wiring

just a little unsure on est bypass wire & Crank signal wire

Do i hookup Crank signal wire to 18x Crankshaft reference or to Crankshaft Reference out from DFI Module???????

Next step Is the PCM...

Has anyone modified an LS1 Pcm to run a V6 Before..

Need to know what to do

If anyone has worked it out please share this info with us.
          got the part number for the PCM you want to run? as far as I'm aware, the only V6 that can be run (as factory) on an LS1 PCM is the 4.3 L chevy truck engine. the V6 PCM uses the same case as an LS1 PCM, but is worlds different inside.

-Eric
          "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

just bumping this with the hopes that the OP can give us a part number for the PCM in question. I would be interested in running out engines with an LS1 PCM if possible and is more open to bigger map sensors and whatnot...
            "I am not what you so glibly call to be a civilized man. I have broken with society for reasons which I alone am able to appreciate. I am therefore not subject to it's stupid laws, and I ask you to never allude to them in my presence again."

Comment

Working...
            X